Ford is giving me the runaround

mambaman

Established Member
Well, i had posted previously about having my windshield break as a result of my hood suddenly opening at a low speed. i'm trying to get in touch with SOMEONE at ford that i can discuss the problem of a total part failure of the latch with, but ford (the company) told me to talk to a dealership, and they can get me in touch with a local district customer care rep. however, upon calling the dealership, they told me they don't give out any such numbers, and i could only call ford. when i politely explained that ford had just minutes ago told me to call a local dealership, they got aggravated and told me to try it again or that "the next step is for you to go out and get yourself a lawyer and you can have THEM call ford"

ideas?

darkcrayz

Established Member
Go to a ford dealership that specializes in SVT, with an 'SVT GUY' and talk to him, he might help and let you know what to do. Otherwise just go get in someone elses face at a dealership, make a scene and demand results.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by mambaman
Well, i had posted previously about having my windshield break as a result of my hood suddenly opening at a low speed. i'm trying to get in touch with SOMEONE at ford that i can discuss the problem of a total part failure of the latch with, but ford (the company) told me to talk to a dealership, and they can get me in touch with a local district customer care rep. however, upon calling the dealership, they told me they don't give out any such numbers, and i could only call ford. when i politely explained that ford had just minutes ago told me to call a local dealership, they got aggravated and told me to try it again or that "the next step is for you to go out and get yourself a lawyer and you can have THEM call ford"

ideas?
go see the dealer or the general mgr in person, calling attorneys and such will be drawn out. talk to da man in charge and if they have an ounce of customer ethics they will help you out asap.:coolman:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Unless you have a visibly broken latch, I think you're wasting your time.

Agreed....Otherwise they're just gonna come back and say that unless you can prove there was failure,you were probably at fault for the hood to have popped open...I guarantee they will test it for failure when and if they decide to work with you....Had this happened to you before?Good luck and I hope you do get results..:??:

Edit-Sp.:bash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread