Ford has announced their Power Wagon competitor. Missing some features I hoped for.....

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Ford announced the 2020 SD Tremor package to compete with the Ram Power Wagon. It looks like it will be a great package, but I am disappointed they left off the winch, front locking differential, and disconnecting articulating front sway-bar.

That being said, it is going to have the 7.3 Gas motor as well as a Diesel option. It will have nearly the same towing and payload capabilities as the regular SD's. I am going to wait until they are actually out to make my final decision between the Tremor and the PW.

All-New 2020 F-Series Super Duty Debuts Rock-Crushing Tremor for Most Capable Off-Road Super Duty Ever | Ford Media Center

roadracer247

Established Member
I get that there’s differences, but this just looks like every other F250 already on the road. I don’t really wanna call it a half ass’d effort, but that’s my initial impression. That said, I’ll bet every lil 5’6” Napoleon around here will buy one...

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I get that there’s differences, but this just looks like every other F250 already on the road. I don’t really wanna call it a half ass’d effort, but that’s my initial impression. That said, I’ll bet every lil 5’6” Napoleon around here will buy one...
Excuse me sir, Im 5'5"... thx

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member

I tend to agree that it is a bit of a half-assed effort. I was expecting to see something that blew the PW away.

SirShaun

Established Member
I hope Ford really knocks it out of the park on the next redesign, as I just got a 2019 RAM Limited....

BJCobra99

Established Member
My 2016 powerstroke has a locking rear diff and it has saved me more than a handful of times. I've also buried it in snow with brand new snow tires installed. If they would just add a front diff lock, I would we a happy camper.

Balt21

Established Member
I think it looks good if you want the leveled on 35s look from the factory. It's similar to what Chevy did with the Trail Boss on the new 1500. If I were in the market for a F250, I would probably buy it for the mere fact I could get color matched bumpers on an XLT (assuming it's not priced stupid).

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I think it looks good if you want the leveled on 35s look from the factory. It's similar to what Chevy did with the Trail Boss on the new 1500. If I were in the market for a F250, I would probably buy it for the mere fact I could get color matched bumpers on an XLT (assuming it's not priced stupid).
All price stupid now.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I was hoping it would be more of a Super Duty Raptor. I can't wait to see what the ADMs will be on this.
I dont think there will be ADMs. Ford probably wants to spec as many Super Duties as they can with this package.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
My 2016 powerstroke has a locking rear diff and it has saved me more than a handful of times. I've also buried it in snow with brand new snow tires installed. If they would just add a front diff lock, I would we a happy camper.

A locking rear diff is the more important one for sure. I have taken my Jeep Wrangler (3.5 inch lift on 37s) on all kinds of crazy off road trails & rock crawling adventures, we have only ever needed the rear locker to get up pretty much anything.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I was hoping it would be more of a Super Duty Raptor. I can't wait to see what the ADMs will be on this.

Mega Raptor F250R

images(3).jpeg

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking a Super Duty version would be cool for the Baja racers. I have a customer with a Class 7 trophy truck who is a champion many times over. They have a 2010 Raptor as a pre-runner and a couple Super Dutys for support vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread