Ford GT Bare Spaceframe - Ebay

Charlington

Established Member
Just spotted. Thought if anyone want to see what it looks like or "borrow" some pics. It's on Ebay, not mine.

[h=1]"FORD GT Supercar Race Chassis New OEM Frame GT40 Spaceframe Racing Tub"[/h]

"2006 Ford Racing FiA GT chassis M-00004-GT. Very rare piece of unobtainium for sale. This chassis is an OEM Production Ford GT chassis, but has had many of the additional bracing and panels installed on it that are not included with a Ford Service chassis 4G7Z-5005-A which retails for $109,000+. There are over $20,000 in extra panels and braces included on this chassis including the roof structure and roof panel. Rear braces and body supports are also included.

Some of the additional parts included are, but not limited to:

5G7Z-6303408-AA
5G7Z-6303410-AA
5G7Z-6350202-AB
5G7Z-6324301-AA
5G7Z-8310-AB
4G7Z-5030-AA
4G7Z-5113-AA " quoted from ad.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
A modern super car frame, with out a vin, that was extruded, spun welded, and then when done, after all welding, then all the suspension points were cnc machined to insure the utmost of precision. This is a very specific racing frame, that has been on ebay for months, that could in theory be used to reframe a crashed gt built in 05 06.

I'm still not sure how a "done" replica of a 60's gt40 has anything in common.

Would a "body in white" s197 have anything in common with a replica 67 mustang (if such a thing existed) that was "done"?

Last edited:

Charlington

Established Member
I started the thread because there was a complaint about the price and availability of Ford GTs. So you can either pay retail, build your own or buy the CAV and go to the track and have fun while everyone else is debating the proper finish for lugnuts.

bret a ewing

Established Member
True. I also like the build quality of ERA GT40's.

Sadly I don't believe they still build them. I did get the opportunity to see them in various stages of construction at the plant. I was very impressed. Excellent examples can be had for half the price of a FGT.

Charlington

Established Member
Guy in Lufkin, TX claims to have the largest collection of Ford GT. There are at least 6 (all different colors) in his showroom though only 2 are for sale (yeah, right).
Some of the Repops aren't bad. Forget the fiberfabs and archieV8s. Even accurate reproductions suck because they reproduce flaws/ ancient tech. Who wants to tune a bunch of Webers (GT40)? Funny that the GT500/Terminator engines are slightly improved versions on 1930s tech/1940s implemintstion AKA V12 Aircraft engines (DOHC, Supercharged, Intercooled, Water Injection). Heck, even the WWII Sherman Tank had an All Aluminum, DOHC, NA gas engine. Probably some of that in our Beer Cans.
Back on topic, that Spaceframe looks like it was put together with Rivits in a few places?

Users who are viewing this thread