Ford GT Almost Guaranteed Let Down

Dusten

Established Member
For as good as the V6 TT is in the GT, just think how much better it would be if it had two more cylinders.
More Power
More Torque
Better Sound
Much More Respect
Ford built it spec'd for a class....
Ford built it to showcase the Ecoboost motors

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Ford built it spec'd for a class....
Ford built it to showcase the Ecoboost motors

...and Ford won.

Might not be everyone's flavor but well played. I guess V8 or not the legacy was fulfilled. Roadcar was a badass necessity but not the goal.

There was an 05 TT around here in 06-07 still tell stories like I saw the Easter Bunny. License plate "Evil Twns" if that is someone on here I'd love to know. He was picking up pizza.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
For as good as the V6 TT is in the GT, just think how much better it would be if it had two more cylinders.
More Power
More Torque
Better Sound
Much More Respect

Turbo setups make more power and torque than NA and SC all day long.

My old EB was way better than the 5.0 just cruising in the freeway.

Don’t know what to tell you.

I had a pro charged 5.0l Fox and then did a turbo 5.0l Fox. Not even in the same world.

Get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kaz109

Established Member
More Power
More Torque
Better Sound
Much More Respect
3463ED89-9470-4EA9-AB26-BD939A69618B.jpeg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Turbo setups make more power and torque than NA and SC all day long.

My old EB was way better than the 5.0 just cruising in the freeway.

Don’t know what to tell you.

I had a pro charged 5.0l Fox and then did a turbo 5.0l Fox. Not even in the same world.

Get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Depends. Back in the day on a fox 5.0 turbo lag was a big issues. Even a Procharger would make more power down low than a turbo.

Today things have changed. Fords ecoboost technology gave the best of both worlds. Tq and mpg. Hp still isn't all that great unless we are talking about the FGT.

Also a PD blower make globs of low end grunt. Look at the GT500.

Bensin

Established Member
For as good as the V6 TT is in the GT, just think how much cooler it would be if it had two more cylinders.
There. Fixed it. No reason to hate on the 3.5 Le Mans spec, but a V8 street fighter built for the street would only make the GT legacy cooler. Made to race spec is cool, but made for the street is cooler. The Ecoboost brand is dead, and we live in the endgame of ICE. Just do it Dodge style! There is room for both version of the current GT. Most of them dont see the daylight in the back of the collector garages. And no bullshit choosen one this time please. You dont need that John China shit. I can only dream.

Dusten

Established Member
There. Fixed it. No reason to hate on the 3.5 Le Mans spec, but a V8 street fighter built for the street would only make the GT legacy cooler. Made to race spec is cool, but made for the street is cooler. The Ecoboost brand is dead, and we live in the endgame of ICE. Just do it Dodge style! There is room for both version of the current GT. Most of them dont see the daylight in the back of the collector garages. And no bullshit choosen one this time please. You dont need that John China shit. I can only dream.
The original GT40 wasn't made for the street either. It was made for the track. Built to win.
Each gt variant has made power differently.
Each had a different purpose. The only heritage is doing what it was made to do, and well.

GT40.... Beat Ferrari. Big inch n/a power

05-06 GT. Pay homage and it was debuted in 2002 on ford's 100th anniversary.

Newest GT. Tt V6. Built to spec race a class and showcase the Ecoboost.

And the Ecoboost isn't dead
Bronco- Ecoboost
F150 Ecoboost
Mustang - Ecoboost
Expedition - Ecoboost
Ranger - Ecoboost

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Depends. Back in the day on a fox 5.0 turbo lag was a big issues. Even a Procharger would make more power down low than a turbo.

Today things have changed. Fords ecoboost technology gave the best of both worlds. Tq and mpg. Hp still isn't all that great unless we are talking about the FGT.

Also a PD blower make globs of low end grunt. Look at the GT500.
This! Good post.

I have a TT 3.3 V6 in my G-70 that I like a lot. That said, I would never want a GT-500 or Mustang GT with an EB V6. There are vehicles IMO where the EB is more widely accepted/desired. And there are other vehicles where most current folks prefer V8. I wouldn't want a TT V6 Vette. Wouldn't want a TT V6 Hellcat. The purist is me couldn't do it. Some day when and if V8s disappear in favor of 4/6 cylinder EB setups, my thoughts might change. JMO.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The main reason to have more cylinders is that you can spin to higher RPMs at the same displacement. This is less of an advantage for turbo motors than it was for N/A. If I look at the comparable cars of the era, Ford put a 650HP 3.5L TTV6 in the GT, Ferrari put a 670HP 3.9L TTV8 in the 488 GTB, and McLaren put a 650HP TTV8 in their 650. Ford got a weight and size advantage out of their V6 approach, with negligible power deficit. And let's face it, none of those motors are known for their sound - the turbos take away the aural scream of the high revving motors even as they deliver (bigtime!) with both power and torque.

As for the mule people are talking about, I don't know anything you don't, but I suspect it's a mule for the next generation of ... whatever Ford has up its sleeve.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for that post, @treynor. You KNOW we'll all be following "whatever Ford has up its sleeve". We may not all like what we find out, but we'll follow it. ;)

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
[QUOTE="treynor, post: 16657161, member: 6214]I don't know anything you don't, [/QUOTE]

Sure you don't.

treynor hacking into the mainframe and pulling up all the search results from Ford HQ...

hacker.gif

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
[QUOTE="treynor, post: 16657161, member: 6214]I don't know anything you don't,

Sure you don't.

treynor hacking into the mainframe and pulling up all the search results from Ford HQ...

View attachment 1717133[/QUOTE]

you say that like google doesnt already have a file on all of us with every thought we've ever or will ever have lol

C0bra99

Established Member
Some people creaming their jeans on Tesla performance numbers w/o any cylinders, but bitches about the GT(which also performs) since it only has six instead of eight.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Some people creaming their jeans on Tesla performance numbers w/o any cylinders, but bitches about the GT(which also performs) since it only has six instead of eight.

I've recently driven one of these new 2000-HP 4-motor electric supercars (I won't say which one, it's not important). It's very fast in a straight line, and the way it pulls from 60-100+ reminds me of my CobraJet drag car. But ... man, it's not very nice to drive. It's heavy, the noises are all weird electronic sounds, including some synthesized to cover for the lack of a motor, and tire thrum, and it feels like a high-powered appliance. I asked myself if it's what I would choose on a Saturday morning, and honestly it fell well below the NFGT or 812 GTS (both of which I'd also recently driven).

I'm not at all anti-electiric; I have a Porsche Taycan Turbo S, and it's a great commuter car and a nice way to cover miles. But it's also not the car I choose when the driving is for joy rather than transportation.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Still sad it wasn't a V8 from the get-go, while the twin turbo v6 is nice, it just fit the persona and the history of that car and nameplate.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The NGT has "anti lag" technology to assist with turbo lag.

I too was disappointed that there was a pedal missing, and 2 cylinders. BUT, Im long over it. Car sounds good, and drives even better. It is very good and entertaining on track. All the haters, if you have not driven one or ridden in one, you might hold off on final judgement until this happens. Also remember this car is now 5 years old, which is a long time in the "super car" category.

As mentioned, this car was built for one and only one reason, 2016 LeMans, and the 50th anniversary of the 66 win. Was a magical event, that only could have been superseded by a 1-2-3 finish (was close). This is now in the rear view, and production is wrapping up next year. Zero reasons or incentives to revisit a major change in the power plant.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I too was disappointed that there was a pedal missing, and 2 cylinders. BUT, Im long over it. Car sounds good, and drives even better. It is very good and entertaining on track. All the haters, if you have not driven one or ridden in one, you might hold off on final judgement until this happens.
Ford says I need more Facebook likes and then maybe I will get a chance to drive one.

Users who are viewing this thread