Ford GT, 2020 GT500, & 03 Cobra - Best Production Ford's Ever?

Intervention302

Established Member
The mesh is where I put my phone.

Love the Terminators. Especially when during the time I got mine in 2005 there were a lot of GM guys here with mods since Texas Speed and Performance was originally here before they moved. All the LS boys were cammed, exahust, etc. Many found out they would need more that a 150 Shot to keep up with a pullied/ported cobra. Good times and wish there was more videos of the races posted that happened then.
Good old days

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The mesh is where I put my phone.

Love the Terminators. Especially when during the time I got mine in 2005 there were a lot of GM guys here with mods since Texas Speed and Performance was originally here before they moved. All the LS boys were cammed, exahust, etc. Many found out they would need more that a 150 Shot to keep up with a pullied/ported cobra. Good times and wish there was more videos of the races posted that happened then.
Yup, it was 2005 when I got mine. New GT was out...1.3 seconds later....I want a Terminator. Found a 18,000 mile MINT Competition Orange Cobra owned by a lady with only Flowmasters for 26K. SOLD Do Miss Her :)
333253_10150360939905928_8018535_o.jpg

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
YES!!! That turbo SS reminded of one of those guys. He worked at TSP, had a 370cu.in, cam, heads, exhaust, etc, with a rear mounted STS 76mm turbo on drag radials. From a dig with my Bogarts and ET streets, I had him off the line from 1st, 2nd, and then top of 3rd is where he would just pass me and keep going.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Yup, it was 2005 when I got mine. New GT was out...1.3 seconds later....I want a Terminator. Found a 18,000 mile MINT Competition Orange Cobra owned by a lady with only Flowmasters for 26K. SOLD Do Miss Her :) View attachment 1658527
Nice!!!. I had found my cobra in Dayton Ohio with 2200 miles for $28.5K. Owner bought it in November of 2002 and it was just kept in a garage with 2200 miles over 3 years. Flew to Dayton, he picked me up in his Lightning, and next morning drove off over couple days stopping in AR with family. One of the best drives ever in my life with the weather in low 70s, of course I had the windows down listening to mix CDs with Lynyrd Skynyrd and AC/DC on the way back. Had so many thumbs up and looks over the 1200 miles back.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Opinions are like ....

Can't argue about the '05 Ford GT, but you can keep the new version.

Miss my '93 Cobra waaay more than I miss my '95 R.

The '03/'04 Cobras were cool, but I never got into them so much. Don't know why?

Had a '13 GT500. For me it was a big mistake. Couldn't wait to dump that car.

The new GT500 flies for sure. No interest in owning one at all.

And I realize ALL of the above cars are superior to the one I'd still love to have - An early 90's LX 5.0 Notch. Manual trans of course.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Might need to add the GT-40 into the mix of the "best" Ford ever made. With out that there would have never been the 05-06, or the NGT.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with your votes for the top three, but.....there are other Ford greats that others have mentioned, including the 2000 R (which would be my 4th pick). ;)

That's awesome that you and your dad own those three. What a trio! The GT is sweet. Must be a blast to drive. So how does he like his GT-500? He probably hasn't gotten to drive it much yet. Home run for Ford!

Good job on the video. Hopefully your dealership will feel the same.
upload_2020-8-23_8-33-52.png

Users who are viewing this thread