Ford GT, 2020 GT500, & 03 Cobra - Best Production Ford's Ever?

Intervention302

Established Member

My Dad's 2020 GT500 CFTP arrived yesterday. He asked me to take a video of the 3 performance Ford's in the family so he can share it with the dealership we got the GT500 from

Knew you guys would enjoy it :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

stangfreak

Established Member
what a line up. wow. All three are perfect. I still remember when the 03 cobra came out. The hang out spots, dyno days, the meets. It just created so much attention back then. It was the car to have.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely missing a Boss 9.

Great collection though for sure.
I'm also partial to 40 Ford, 32 Ford, Thunderbolt etc.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
what a line up. wow. All three are perfect. I still remember when the 03 cobra came out. The hang out spots, dyno days, the meets. It just created so much attention back then. It was the car to have.

yep. Agree ok every count. I had a Blown 01 SS Camaro light 5-6 lbs of boost. I’ll never forget getting pulled on by an 03 cobra with pulley. I knew I had to have one. So I got me a anniversary edition. Never looked back.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
yep. Agree ok every count. I had a Blown 01 SS Camaro light 5-6 lbs of boost. I’ll never forget getting pulled on by an 03 cobra with pulley. I knew I had to have one. So I got me a anniversary edition. Never looked back.
Got into it with a beautiful black 01SS on I-95 and killed him easily. I was 17lbs of boost on a ported Eaton and seemed he had around 350 to the wheels. Last good looking Camaro in my opinion.

stangfreak

Established Member

I was actually going to buy a 01SS. They had one at the dealership close to my house. so I walk in and asked if I could take a look at the ss outside. walked around, sat inside, and then I asked him if I can take it for a test drive. salesmen said, no we don't let people test drive this car. I was young back then but I looked at him with a puzzled look. I was like um, ok. lol. so my buddy who was a huge ls guy, looked at me and said lets bounce. so we walked away. Then I had a few connections at the dealer I started to work for, and ended up with an 03 cobra.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Quick somewhat off topic story on the 03/04 Cobra differences or lack there of. This guy at work owns this red Plain Jane Corvette. He told me the 03 was a Cobra with 390/390 and the 04 was a Terminator Cobra with 420/420. I told him no, that is 100% BS. There is no difference between the two other than paint codes and both are Terminators. He was adamant about it and bet me $100 bucks. Took him a week to pay up...and I took his damn money.

Intervention302

Established Member
Quick someone off topic story on the 03/04 Cobra differences or lack there of. This guy at work owns this red Plain Jane Corvette. He told me the 03 was a Cobra with 390/390 and the 04 was a Terminator Cobra with 420/420. I told him no, that is 100% BS. There is no difference between the two other than paint codes and both are Terminators. He was adamant about it and bet me $100 bucks. Took him a week to pay up...and I took his damn money.
Only a few small differences.

Silver vs black keyhole on drivers door.

Some 03 have a mesh net on the roof liner

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
The mesh is where I put my phone.

Love the Terminators. Especially when during the time I got mine in 2005 there were a lot of GM guys here with mods since Texas Speed and Performance was originally here before they moved. All the LS boys were cammed, exahust, etc. Many found out they would need more that a 150 Shot to keep up with a pullied/ported cobra. Good times and wish there was more videos of the races posted that happened then.

Users who are viewing this thread