Ford Fusion Sport- A good sign of times to come?

jshen

Established Member
The recently announced Ford Fusion Sport- with 325hp/380 lb.ft. torque in a compact sedan priced at $33,000 can only mean good things to all. This car sounds like one I want to test drive and if runs...I suspect GM and Dodge will be quick to jump into the market as their SS and Charge is both too heavy and pricey for this niche market. Perhaps an ATS platformed, Malibu SS or less expensive - read reasonably priced sport sedan SS would come.. As an old goat I remember the 60s with the muscle car race and light weight sport sedans.....I hope this is something GM and Dodge will follow...

What are you thoughts on this..????

Voodooo413

Established Member
I have a 2 wheel drive 2016 f150 regular cab short bed with the 2.7 ecoboost. This tiny engine is amazing! I get 22-26 mpg city, 0-60 in 5.2 seconds and 13.7 1/4 mile @ 102. In a 4130 pound truck that also tows my 2016 GT350. I also have a 2011 f150 fx2 5.0 and I like the 2.7 better. It's a beast of a engine. I'm excited to see what it'll do in the AWD Fusion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jshen

Established Member
That is good to hear as frankly I was hoping to see the 3.5 EB make it in there. If this car is quick...I fully expect GM to try and grab some of the market share as they and Dodge has absolutely nothing in this niche. Leave it to Ford execs. to come through...Thank you.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I have a 2 wheel drive 2016 f150 regular cab short bed with the 2.7 ecoboost. This tiny engine is amazing! I get 22-26 mpg city, 0-60 in 5.2 seconds and 13.7 1/4 mile @ 102. In a 4130 pound truck that also tows my 2016 GT350. I also have a 2011 f150 fx2 5.0 and I like the 2.7 better. It's a beast of a engine. I'm excited to see what it'll do in the AWD Fusion!

I take it your 2.7 is not stock?

Voodooo413

Established Member
Gotta remember. Mine is a regular cab short bed F150 XL. 2 wheel drive. The only options I have are the sports package. (Power windows, locks, tow package, trailer assist, painted bumpers and front end, 3.31 gear, E lock differential, back up camera, and box link.

AAG

Established Member
These will be great on the used market. I'm pretty sure even new you'd probably get a a few grand off sticker once the "hype" fades.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, the Fusion Sport is a great daily driver with room to spare. I just wish the exterior was modified a bit more to reflect the Sport's performance. Nice car, though.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yeah, the Fusion Sport is a great daily driver with room to spare. I just wish the exterior was modified a bit more to reflect the Sport's performance. Nice car, though.

I agree.

jshen

Established Member
I gotta admit- I love the sleeper car image. My 03 Cobra was white and few knew it was anything other than a mustang. I guess that's why I like the SS- even though it's overweight, 15 year old technology priced outrageously high.

jshen

Established Member
In my humble opinion anything over 3600 lbs is overweight...If GM can use hydro forming aluminum on the vet...they can use it on sedans. Dodge?- forget about it. I'd never own a 2 ton+ car...they need to come into the 21 st century.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I'll have to search but I'd be surprised if any full sized sedans are under 3600lbs, and doubt any full size sports sedans are below that.

jshen

Established Member
The point of my post concerns something less than a full size car a sport sedan for a compact sedan. No one offers such except for the upcoming Fusion. That's why the current SS and charger do not compete in this niche they are both full size and consequently overweight for me.

Dusten

Established Member
The recently announced Ford Fusion Sport- with 325hp/380 lb.ft. torque in a compact sedan priced at $33,000 can only mean good things to all. This car sounds like one I want to test drive and if runs...I suspect GM and Dodge will be quick to jump into the market as their SS and Charge is both too heavy and pricey for this niche market. Perhaps an ATS platformed, Malibu SS or less expensive - read reasonably priced sport sedan SS would come.. As an old goat I remember the 60s with the muscle car race and light weight sport sedans.....I hope this is something GM and Dodge will follow...

What are you thoughts on this..????
It's close to 35 with destination and such. But I bet a willing dealer will be close to 35otd or less.

AAG

Established Member
Gotta remember. Mine is a regular cab short bed F150 XL. 2 wheel drive. The only options I have are the sports package. (Power windows, locks, tow package, trailer assist, painted bumpers and front end, 3.31 gear, E lock differential, back up camera, and box link.

I could just imagine how much faster it would be with 3.73 gears :rolling:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
The point of my post concerns something less than a full size car a sport sedan for a compact sedan. No one offers such except for the upcoming Fusion. That's why the current SS and charger do not compete in this niche they are both full size and consequently overweight for me.

Ah, got you. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread