Ford Factory Car cover

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
Well i just took the cover off the beast cause the weather is perfect for a nice drive. So as i was detailing it i noticed some dull spots in the clear coat. After over looking over the car i figured it was from the cover. Where ever the cover touched like the body lines or rocker panel thats where i found dull spots. Wondering if anyone has ran into this issue?

aso544

Established Member
Yikes!!!!! Hard to win with a car that has to live outside. Elements or the cover will get ya!!!

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
Did you buff the dull spots out ok ?

Havent had time to buff. Im sure it will buff out its not that bad,but it is noticable( its black ) just trying to figure if i have to add something between the cover an the car or invest in the fleece lined cover. Something to hold me over till i get something built for the car.

Snoopy49

Established Member
A fleece lined cover won't help if the car is not cleaned and waxed before the cover is used. Any dirt or dust on the car will transfer to the cover and will turn the cover material into an abrasive material and the wind will be the invisible hand that sands your car while it is sitting outside. You will probably be better off not using a cover.

Planeswalker

Established Member
I had to keep my car outside for about a month while moving, used the factory cover the whole time and never had any problems. I did wipe it down with Meguire's quick detailer and a microfiber rag every time I put the cover on.

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
Each time i place the cover on. I had cleaned an waxed it but still showed up. Well hopefully my car port will start being built once i get home. Not the best thing, but its covered and thats the only thing i can do at this time.

Paul1138

Established Member
I use two covers and make sure the car is clean before putting them both on. First is a California Car cover for indoor/light outdoor use with a very soft interior line. 2nd cover is a California car cover for extreme weather. I've had no issues thus far.

iamlightning03

Established Member
Ok I got one. Been using the factory cover since new.
It's gettin really dirty. What the best way to clean it without washing
Out its water repelancy?

Users who are viewing this thread