Ford F-150 Electric Prototype Tows 1M+

andymarkv

Established Member
If it is based on a Rivian chassis as people are suspecting...I'm just hoping it comes with "Tank Steer". One motor per wheel could have advantages.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The actual rolling resistance that truck has to overcome is really "only" about 50K lbs (likely even less).

The truck isn't pulling a million pound sled, and in the case of the magical tow strap, not suspending that amount either.

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
Tow strap retrieved from Area 51...guess what I will be storming....

Coiled03

Established Member
The actual rolling resistance that truck has to overcome is really "only" about 50K lbs (likely even less).

The truck isn't pulling a million pound sled, and in the case of the magical tow strap, not suspending that amount either.

If it started from a stop, it had to pull a million pounds to overcome inertia. After that, yes, you're right. The kinetic coefficient of friction is probably relatively low for steel on sand/steel.

Coiled03

Established Member
@HudsonFalcon
What kind of power do y’all need for a train like this?

I know I'm not @HudsonFalcon, but this should give you some idea:

upload_2019-7-24_19-48-4.png

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If it started from a stop, it had to pull a million pounds to overcome inertia. After that, yes, you're right. The kinetic coefficient of friction is probably relatively low for steel on sand/steel.

If that same 1M lbs was on a flat sled, how much would it have to pull to overcome inertia? What I am getting at is you don’t need 1M lbs of force to move those rail cars. Only enough to overcome the static friction.

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Am I the only one that isn't impressed and thinks it is really cheesy? I mean, I'm not a hater. I just traded in my 2016 F150 and bought a 2019 F150 a little over a month ago. But this is dumb a/f.

If I wanted to pull heavy crap I'd buy a F350. Not some fairy assed electric cuck wagon. "Oh look at me. I'm so woke my truck is electric. My wife's boyfriend can't even hear me pull in the driveway and park next to his C8"

Users who are viewing this thread