Ford developing a 4 door Mustang?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought I saw a thread a week or so ago that mentioned this. Speaking of "thought", my own thoughts just can't fathom a 4-door Mustang.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I thought I saw a thread a week or so ago that mentioned this. Speaking of "thought", my own thoughts just can't fathom a 4-door Mustang.

Im on here pretty much constantly right now and I dont recall a thread on it. I recall one on a few other Mustang related things but not this in particular. If there is though, mods please delete. Thanks!

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
They tried it with the T-bird why not the Mustang? And it failed with the T-bird 67-71 thanks Iacooca you really do know how to make a car not sell as the 72 redesigned totally done away with the 4 doors.

I said it once I'll say it again Ford is trying to think up ways to ax the Mustang that way they have more capacity for their overlapping segment SUV's. Then when taste and consumers wants change in 25 years, be totally caught flat footed with no answer because they got rid of their car lineup.

blue 07

Established Member
Not a four door but a 600 hp SUV !!
thS47RN3HI.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If they do it like an SS I am game but SS sales were low for GM.

Well, per the article they are saying it will go after the Panamera and I assume the new MB AMG GT sedan so a 4 door Mustang will have to utilize the fastback look to match those two cars.

I can't think of anyone who is building the "4 door coupe" outside of the premier auto brands so if Ford does it they will very much be by themselves in that segment and I am guessing they think the Mustang name and design is probably the only way to gain a foothold in that particular market.

Not that a potential Mustang would look as cool as these two cars but I think these two designs for a sedan look great! Especially that Panamera!

maxresdefault.jpg

forgiato-techart-gt-panamera-11.jpg

Last edited:

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
If the rumor is really true, I bet you they change it up enough so it doesn't water down the Mustang marque.

Somehow, I feel the rumor is just scuttlebutt.

CV355

_
Established Member
I'm one step ahead of you. I'm already debating about picking up a c6 z06. Ford is making fat pigs with 6 cylinder engines their MO now.

That ^^ looks like a Maseratti

When I saw the "Mitsubishi-Eclipse" '15 GT design I wrote off the newer Mustangs. Then the "Mach 1" tease pissed me off more. Electric BS, canning all cars but the Mustang, 4 door Mustang, no, Ford, you're pissing off your loyal fan base.

My father already switched over to Chevy.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
When I saw the "Mitsubishi-Eclipse" '15 GT design I wrote off the newer Mustangs. Then the "Mach 1" tease pissed me off more. Electric BS, canning all cars but the Mustang, 4 door Mustang, no, Ford, you're pissing off your loyal fan base.

My father already switched over to Chevy.
Dodge still has a pure bred Challenger. I will stick to the old Mustangs and Dodges for now.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Well, per the article they are saying it will go after the Panamera and I assume the new MB AMG GT sedan so a 4 door Mustang will have to utilize the fastback look to match those two cars.

I can't think of anyone who is building the "4 door coupe" outside of the premier auto brands so if Ford does it they will very much be by themselves in that segment and I am guessing they think the Mustang name and design is probably the only way to gain a foothold in that particular market.

Not that a potential Mustang would look as cool as these two cars but I think these two designs for a sedan look great! Especially that Panamera!

View attachment 1525852

View attachment 1525853

The Kia Stinger is in that segment and looks great. As ugly as it is, the new Accord has a fastback look to it too but its FWD.

Users who are viewing this thread