Ford Dealer install FT5001

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
A Ford dealership quoted me around $1400 to install the FT5001 kit, ford racing diff cover with lowering springs Front and Rear. Doesn't seem overly complicated for someone that is mechanically inclined, but I've been wondering if taking it to a performance shop would be safer even if it cost more.

Would you allow a Ford dealership to do Fulltiltboogie IRS bushings?

hotcobra03

Established Member
A Ford dealership quoted me around $1400 to install the FT5001 kit, ford racing diff cover with lowering springs Front and Rear. Doesn't seem overly complicated for someone that is mechanically inclined, but I've been wondering if taking it to a performance shop would be safer even if it cost more.

well to me..it is a lot of work for 1 guy..even having the big tools needed..

is wheel alignment included?
warranty?

what about rear wheel bearings?now would be a good time to have those replaced..

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member

Doing the work myself has helped me to be able to buy mods. To me $1400 is a decent amount and I have a hard time giving it to someone when I can do it. Then you have money for other parts wheels, tires or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I wouldn't let any Ford dealer install any performance parts personally. Doesn't Bruce have a network of places that do installs?

Dave.O

Established Member
I just did one of these recently, for the time it took that price is not that bad.

as Slo said, this is not a dealer job. There are some non-dealer type parts to that install, drilling out old bushings and torching stuff. not things that the average ford tech will find in the "service manual"
I would go to a mustang shop that has worked on an sn95 irs specifically

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. The service guy seemed overly confident and seemed like he understood the non-standard work, but I didn’t feel comfortable.

That said, I ended up having a performance shop install the kit, added torsen diff, new ring and pinion, bearings, springs and sub frame work. The car feels awesome.

zacfennell46

Established Member
Its really not a bad job. I did mine on jackstands. I took my time as a winter project. Cleaned everything and did some painting. FTBR put all the the install vids on there youtube page. Instructions in the kit are very detailed as well.
IMG_20151224_145717738.jpeg

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
It took me about 2 days by myself taking my time. It's not too bad, just take your time drilling the holes for the grease points. Bruce has videos and explains everything, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread