Ford contacts? Ordered an SVT Power Steering rack, got a non SVT power steering rack.

edrosner@gmail.

Established Member
I'm looking for someone to contact about this.

Long story short, I ordered the correct SVT part number 2M5Z3504AARM from Lakeland Ford. Correct part number. Got the part, correct part number on the box and Motorcraft reman labels, packing list stated it was part number 2M5Z3504AARM, no part numbers on the part other than the Casting number(which is the exact same as the SVT) and the dimpled code which nobody can give me any information about.

Called the parts department again(before install), verified by the VIN, I put the part in and it's the wrong rack. It turns a full three turns lock to lock instead of the SVT 2.6 turns. I checked and the tie rod moves approximately .7 inches more than the original SVT factory installed rack lock to lock.

Who do I contact about this? Lakeland Ford is refusing to take it back. They have been insulting and begrudgingly contacted Ford and the Ford guy simply confirmed that it is the correct part number. That's not the issue. The issue is the part in the box is not what the box or packing list says and is not an SVT part.

I'm not sure who to contact at Ford who will actually do something. As it is, it touches the wheel wells down on the ground without any load on the suspension at full lock. Has not been started.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you can show them that the part is physically wrong for the application they should take it back. You may want to try working with a different dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread