Ford apparently squashes ADM on a Mach-E

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lot of false information given in that article.

1. Ford announced BEFORE any of them hit the ground that a dealer CAN charge ANYTHING they want...but they can only advertise MSRP. Can't advertise below or above MSRP. Period.
2. Ford didnt' call the dealer and make them take off the ADM off of the vehicle, they probably gave them a strike against their truth in advertising campaign since it was online for $10,000 over.
3. As long as the online price is listed at MSRP, the dealer can market the car for ANY number in person.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Lot of false information given in that article.

1. Ford announced BEFORE any of them hit the ground that a dealer CAN charge ANYTHING they want...but they can only advertise MSRP. Can't advertise below or above MSRP. Period.
2. Ford didnt' call the dealer and make them take off the ADM off of the vehicle, they probably gave them a strike against their truth in advertising campaign since it was online for $10,000 over.
3. As long as the online price is listed at MSRP, the dealer can market the car for ANY number in person.

I figured you'd have some truth to sprinkle on this

Edit: not sure how I feel about this.

So are you saying their website made it look the manufacturer MSRP was say 69k instead of 59k? That I can understand.

If their site showed 59k + 10k markup for a total of 69k and then they had to remove it...then it seems shitty for the buyer to go in thinking it's for sale for 59k and get whacked with a 10k markup

Users who are viewing this thread