Ford Adds STX Package to Expedition | Deletes Third Row Seating

Ford Adds STX Package to Expedition | Deletes Third Row Seating

2021_Expedition_STX_006.jpg

Note from the Editor - Expect more Expedition based content next week.

• Ford adds STX Package to the 2021 Expedition XL as a stylish option at an attractive price for full-size SUV customers
  • With seating for five, the two-row Expedition STX better matches customer needs and starts at $49,995 Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price, while providing the versatility and capability of a full-size SUV
  • Available Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package adds Pro Trailer Backup Assist™, 3.73 rear axle, trailer brake and a heavy-duty radiator – for best-in-class 9,300-pound towing capacity

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 16, 2021 – Ford is expanding the Expedition full-size SUV lineup with the new STX Package, a spacious choice with an attractive price for customers who need seating for five plus the versatility and capability of a full-size SUV.

“The Expedition STX is perfect for families who lead an active lifestyle that requires the capability and space of a full-size SUV,” said Devin McParlane, Expedition brand manager. “They get all of the content they desire at an attractive price, plus a great appearance.”

An eight-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar and manual recline helps to keep customers comfortable over long hauls. The second-row 40/20/40 split bench with CenterSlide® folds flat for ample cargo storage of 104.6 cubic feet, enhanced by a cargo management system, cargo protector and cargo net.

The STX Package features a distinctive gloss-black five-bar grille and 18-inch Magnetic Metallic-painted cast-aluminum wheels. It also comes with SYNC® 3 with an enhanced voice recognition communications and entertainment system, eight-inch LCD capacitive touch screen with swipe capability, AppLink®, 911 Assist®, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility, as well as tri-zone electronic automatic temperature control.

FordPass™ Connect with 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability allows passengers to keep their devices connected, while four 12-volt outlets plus two front-row and two second-row smart-charging multimedia USB ports enable them to keep their electronics charged.

Additional standard features include a capable 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine producing 375 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque with Auto Stop-Start, active grille shutters, 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission, non-limited-slip 3.15 rear axle, a 23.2-gallon fuel tank and a Class IV trailer hitch receiver. Four-wheel drive with ControlTrac eLSD (Electronic Limited-Slip Differential) is available.

An available Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package adds Pro Trailer Backup Assist™, a 3.73 rear axle, trailer brake and heavy-duty radiator – for best-in-class towing capacity of 9,300 pounds on two-wheel drive models and best-in-class four-wheel towing capacity of 9,200 pounds.

The 2021 Expedition XL STX package starts at $49,995 MSRP and is available to order at Ford dealerships.

2021_Expedition_STX_001.jpg
2021_Expedition_STX_002.jpg
2021_Expedition_STX_003.jpg
2021_Expedition_STX_004.jpg
2021_Expedition_STX_005.jpg

diesel sucks, I know there are a bunch of coal burning fan boys but the maintenance on diesel is just not practical for everyday guy customer. I am an eco boost fan, had a SHO for 3.5 years that was a beast and never let us down. id imagine this with the raptors 3.5HO would make an badass Expedition ST or RS. start a full size performance SUV segment for all those dads that want to go fast.

Yes it would.

How well does the diesel F-150 sell?

It doesn't. I truly believe Ford put a diesel in the F-150 to say they did, so that RAM wasn't the only option.

It underperforms against the EcoBoost consistently.

I think a new Excursion coming standard with the 7.3L with the optional 6.7L diesel would be a selling machine. You could have a Tremor version, Raptor, etc etc etc. It would sell. You can't put the 3.5L in it, then it would be to comparable to an Expedition.

It doesn't. I truly believe Ford put a diesel in the F-150 to say they did, so that RAM wasn't the only option.

It underperforms against the EcoBoost consistently.

I think a new Excursion coming standard with the 7.3L with the optional 6.7L diesel would be a selling machine. You could have a Tremor version, Raptor, etc etc etc. It would sell. You can't put the 3.5L in it, then it would be to comparable to an Expedition.

People would probably stand in line to pay $100k for a loaded up PSD Excursion Tremor.

I'll take on with a fold up center console front row allowing 6 seats with the deleted rear.

Add in steel wheels, some wash out floors, and i'd be in hog heaven.

I'm sitting here wondering who in the world would buy a large SUV with no third row back seat, seems pointless.

It's me though. I'm the crazy person My third row in my Expedition is down 99% for my job and life style. This would fit me the best out of all the options.

I'm sitting here wondering who in the world would buy a large SUV with no third row back seat, seems pointless.

It's me though. I'm the crazy person My third row in my Expedition is down 99% for my job and life style. This would fit me the best out of all the options.

Same here. I had my Expedition for 6 or 7 years and used the third row maybe 4 times. Other than that, it was always down. All but one of those times was unexpected, so I was glad to have them stowed away and able to bring them up by pressing a button though.

Users who are viewing this thread