Ford Adds New GT500 Heritage Edition and Exclusive Code Orange Paint | Plus Coastal Edition Mustang

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ford Adds New GT500 Heritage Edition and Exclusive Code Orange Paint | Plus Coastal Edition Mustang

2022_GT500_SE_005.jpg

2022 Mustang Shelby GT500 Heritage Edition

Since the first 1967 model, the Mustang Shelby® GT500® has stood for the pinnacle of Mustang performance and has continued to build on the legacy of Shelby performance. With a reputation for transforming Ford Mustang into dominant road racing machines, Carroll Shelby, American racer and entrepreneur, took his legendary Mustang GT350 model further in 1967 to craft the first-generation Shelby GT500 with a modified 428-cubic-inch V8 inspired by his team’s 1-2-3 finish at Le Mans.

Carroll Shelby called the original Shelby GT500 “the first real car I’m really proud of.” The Shelby GT500 is just as iconic today – as the most powerful and most advanced Mustang ever – as it was during its first iteration 55 years ago.

Paying homage to the original 1967 Shelby GT500, the limited run of 2022 Mustang Shelby GT500 Heritage Edition fastbacks will be finished in a classic and exclusive, Brittany Blue exterior paint with two different Wimbledon White exterior stripe options:

• Painted Over-the-Top racing stripes with unique GT500 logo (also available in Absolute Black)
  • Vinyl Over-the-Top racing stripes with unique vinyl side stripe featuring GT500 logo
Designed and engineered by Ford Performance as the most powerful street-legal Ford ever built, the 2022 Mustang Shelby GT500 harnesses world-class muscle and powertrain technologies to attain supercar levels of performance. Features include a first-in-class 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, race-bred control strategies and advanced drive modes.

Dealer orders for the 2022 Shelby GT500 models, including the new Shelby GT500 Heritage Edition open on Monday, November 15, with vehicles on sale Spring 2022.

The 2022 Mustang Shelby GT500 has a starting U.S. MSRP of $72,900, (not including $1,195 destination fee and $2,600 Gas Guzzler Tax). The Shelby GT500 Heritage Edition package is available for an additional $2,140, while the GT500 Heritage Edition package with hand-painted stripes adds $12,140 to the Shelby GT500’s U.S. MSRP.

Built for Cruising the Coast: 2022 Mustang Coastal Limited Edition

Mustang expands its special-editions offerings for 2022 model year with the all-new Coastal Limited Edition available on the 310-turbocharged-horsepower Mustang EcoBoost Premium fastback and convertible.

The new 2022 Mustang Coastal Limited Edition embodies the freedom the legendary Ford nameplate has always embodied, yet uniquely appointed for those who want even more style with their shoreline driving adventures. The Coastal package adds 19-inch machined-face aluminum with tarnished dark-painted wheels unique vinyl side stripes that trace down vehicle and come over the hood, a signature Mustang rear fender side scoop, a black grille, pedestal rear spoiler, Coastal lighted sill plate and Coastal instrument panel badge. The Coastal Edition is exclusively available in Brittany Blue, Cyber Orange and Rapid Red.

Customer orders for the 2022 Mustang Coastal Edition are now open at Ford dealers with vehicles on sale Spring 2022. The 2022 Mustang EcoBoost Premium has a starting U.S. MSRP $32,225, (not including $1,195 destination fee), and the Coastal Limited Edition package is available for an additional $1,995.

Ford Performance-only Code Orange now available exclusively on Shelby GT500

Like the all-new Ford F-150 Raptor truck, the upcoming and first-ever Bronco Raptor, plus the Le Mans-winning Ford GT Supercar, the 2022 Mustang Shelby GT500 is now available in the exclusive Ford Performance paint color – Code Orange.

Code Orange joins the eight new colors for the 2022 Mustang, including Atlas Blue Metallic, Brittany Blue Metallic (available on GT500 Heritage and Coastal Editions only), Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat, Dark Matter Gray Metallic, Eruption Green Metallic, Grabber Blue Metallic and Mischievous Purple Metallic.

2022_GT500_SE_001.jpg
2022_GT500_SE_002.jpg
2022_GT500_SE_003.jpg
2022_GT500_SE_004.jpg
2022_GT500_SE_006.jpg
2022_GT500_SE_007.jpg
2022_GT500_SE_008.jpg
2022_GT500_SE_009.jpg
2022_GT500_SE_010.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll be damned if that doesn’t look like Toyota’s “inferno” color....

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Sid. I saw this pop up on the FB facebook page but I couldn't find any other info anywhere. Another reason why I recommend to anyone to pony up and become premium members on this site.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great info, Sid. Thanks for the article.

That Brittany Blue Metallic is stunning. My absolute favorite GT-500 color now.

The Bone

Established Member
Now I like the new GT500 and the blue is sharp. But here is the thing. Ford keeps coming out with new stuff they cant deliver. Hoe many Mustang mach E's did they actually build? Next the bronco. Then were able to build a lot of the Sport but when it came to the big Bronco you can't get one. My dealer only has demo's for you to drive. You may be able to order one but it's about 4 to 6 months out. Now they are coming out with another GT500 color but when can we expect to get them.
Now the 21;s are supposed to be almost all sold off lots but they never arrived. They are sitting somewhere waiting on chips. The 22's should have been on dealer lots months ago. 21 is almost over and Ford still has them sitting somewhere. Have they started to build 22;s yet? Things are getting backed up and year new cars not sold and new cars supposed to show up late August. You want a new truck ? Good luck whit that idea. You can order one but thats it. Ford seems to think that people would rather order one and wait for it to show up rather then buy it and drive it home that night. In this day we Americans want it fast and we want it now not in 4 months.
It would be nice if Ford could deliver these cars and I get it they want to keep interest in there cars. It;s not the idea of new models it's more a idea how can we gets the cars they have built to the dealers. Maybe it's time Ford and others to take control of more of the parts that they put in cars and not rely on China so much. I am a die hard Ford fan, I have 5 of them but Ford is becoming a big disappointment on many fronts. Least of which putting the Mustang name on a EV. They are so stupid that they couldn't figure out a name for this car? They could have called it the POS (Part of science} Just because you slap some Mustang taillights on it doesn't make it a Mustang.
Hey Ford stop the press releases unless you are talking about the thousands of cars showing up on dealer lots.
Sorry about the rant on OP's thread I just felt it had to be said.

JD160

Established Member
The real question is who is the best dealer to get the best deal on the heritage edition from???? Willing to sell my Terminator and my Jeep LJ for this one!

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Another article on new paint colors for 2022. Whoopdee-do. Where’s the technical article on the GT and Mach 1 losing 10 horsepower for 2022? Oh, well I guess Ford isn’t feeding you all press releases on that one, huh?

I like the blue…Yawn. How about something that actually matters?

Breitling

Established Member
I think I must be a little color blind because the Brittany Blue looks almost silver to me in several of the pictures in the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread