ford a raptor for the first time today

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Drove a 2014 Raptor for the first time today

Wow ford what a dog. Man do i miss times when they made fast trucks like the lightning.

:nonono:

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lol

I can't believe the Raptor isn't as fast as a street performance truck... maybe we should have them race in a field?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
This thread is weak
Mine is pretty quick for what it is

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
I guess you missed the point of the truck OP. Feel free to stick to your street queens. It's more than adequate for it's intended use.

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I'll tell you what....let's do a 1 mile race. You pick the first 1/2 mile and I will pick the last 1/2 mile.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OP, this wasn't even a good troll thread.

FAIL.

03WhiteSVTCobra

Cobra&'Cuda
Established Member
Mine has good pep, plus look at all the goodies you can do to it more than just a street truck i.e: Lights, Bumpers, Winch, Big Tires, Racks, the list goes on and on....

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
lol yeah a troll sure that is. Probably owned more cars/trucks and svt's then you bro. Just saying i was disappointed. Guess i'm a power adder type of guy, if it had a blower or something it would be much cooler since you can make it a lot faster. Needless to say we walked away from that purchase no doubt. Hopefully ford will make another fast street truck in the near future.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lol yeah a troll sure that is. Probably owned more cars/trucks and svt's then you bro. Just saying i was disappointed. Guess i'm a power adder type of guy, if it had a blower or something it would be much cooler since you can make it a lot faster. Needless to say we walked away from that purchase no doubt. Hopefully ford will make another fast street truck in the near future.

Smells like a troll, talks like a troll, definitely a troll.

You can add power? Here you go.

lol I doubt you have had as many cars/trucks/SVTs as I have. But hey, this isn't a measuring contest.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
This truck was purpose built, and 0-60 times weren't at the top of the list.
These trucks ride better than Cadillacs.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I seem to have a couple SVT's and if I had to choose between the Raptor or the Lightning I would have to take the Raptor, I see you are from Florida, no desert, no off road to speak of. I do lots of track days and the Raptor comes with all the track days you can throw at it. A little tuning and it will scare you as it is, 80 in low range on the roughest road you could find, 100 on some not so bad in high range, dam fast in the dirt. Drift it like you stole it.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Went for a ride in my friend's 2014 a few weeks back and was pretty surprised about how quick it felt from a dead stop. Awesome trucks all around.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Sadly I'm a troll for stating what i honestly believed. Its a dog. Honestly could care less what some of your think of me. This bad-ass truck should have a 660 hp+ motor in it, something along the lines of the 5.8 Shelby motor would be ideal.

Hell Ford put a super charged 660 motor in a 3400 lb car, and put this NA 411 hp motor in a 6100 this truck. Who knows maybe there was something wrong with this one we drove. The sales man told me to hit it and I said I did. We almost bought it just by its looks alone it does look bad-ass. But after my wife drove it first then myself we both said it felt like a dog.

For what its worth i did some more research today just to find more information since I know very little about them, seems the 1/4 mile isn't as bad as I thought. What do they average run in the 1/4 mile around 15 sec's give or take? if so that not to bad for how heavy it is and being NA.

Not sure if anyone can tell but i like fast cars and trucks. Power adders have made me love Ford SVT, hopefully they will make one in the near future.

Last edited:

Saleenrose

Established Member
If you get one and use it for its intended purpose then you will love it. Fuel economy is poor at best, but there is no way I could get my lightning here.
Ia1ea50.jpg

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Tune, intake, and exhaust have been known get these trucks through the 1/4 in under 15. I run 5 Star's 93 octane tune and want for nothing more. Power adders are nice but suspension mods should be first priority.

There are many things Ford could have improved on these trucks but had to draw the line somewhere. Power adders and more sophisticated suspension components would have priced the truck out of existence.

Didn't see any Lightnings here either.
20120729_6r.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread