Ford 7.3L "Godzilla" V8 Engine in a Foxbody Mustang

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Well you never know...Ford started with the "modular the world" mantra, then "ecoboost the world"...but now they're building old school(with new tech) high volume pushrod engines...?
Sooooo....who knows?!?

If they continue to take input from Brian Wolfe...good things may happen...?

Brian is a super cool guy. I have known him for over 10+ years now. Very cool guy. If anyone could get this done and available to the masses, its him

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

88bluepony

Established Member
Designing an intake and cam would be stupid cheap. CFD is a wonderful thing. An Al block has already be designed. Care to hazard a guess how much lower the production costs are on the current 7.3L engine vs a Gen 3 Coyote?

If they already have an aluminum block ready to go then why even start with a cast iron one lol

andymarkv

Established Member
Any rumors if the 7.3 will become the "standard" motor on 3/4 ton+ and the 6.2 phased out completely....?

I'd love it if EVERY non-diesel truck had one of these in it...

I don't think I can wait 10 years for the used prices to get "reasonable".
Bigger production volume would help that, a lot!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Any rumors if the 7.3 will become the "standard" motor on 3/4 ton+ and the 6.2 phased out completely....?

I'd love it if EVERY non-diesel truck had one of these in it...

I don't think I can wait 10 years for the used prices to get "reasonable".
Bigger production volume would help that, a lot!

I'm honestly surprised they are still building the 6.2L. It seems to make no sense to offer it at the same time as the 7.3L and for less money, unless there's a contractional obligation to do so.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Designing an intake and cam would be stupid cheap. CFD is a wonderful thing. An Al block has already be designed. Care to hazard a guess how much lower the production costs are on the current 7.3L engine vs a Gen 3 Coyote?
This engine is also in a Super Duty which puts it in a different emissions category.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread