Ford 2022 Results

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Any chance this is the result of Ford no longer building low margin starter cars and only focusing on high margin vehicles?

If I'm spending $50K+ on a car then I'm not buying a shitty Ford. I've been a Ford fan my whole life and own 4 of them today. I just bought my wife a new BMW last year. I won't buy another Ford. My young 20's children all drive Subarus, Mazdas, or Chevy's. The young engineers I work with drive Subarus, Mazdas, Hondas. The older engineers buy VW, Audi, BMW, Honda, Toyota or drive rusted out 20 year old trucks/cars.

Last edited:

02_Lightning

Established Member
Any chance this is the result of Ford no longer building low margin starter cars and only focusing on high margin vehicles?

If I'm spending $50K+ on a car then I'm not buying a shitty Ford. I've been a Ford fan my whole life and own 4 of them today. I just bought my wife a new BMW last year. I won't buy another Ford. My young 20's children all drive Subarus, Mazdas, or Chevy's. The young engineers I work with drive Subarus, Mazdas, Hondas. The older engineers buy VW, Audi, BMW, Honda, Toyota or drive rusted out 20 year old trucks/cars.
Agree. I won’t touch a newer Ford… except maybe only a Raptor R. It’s sad because they really just destroyed all their products, and I for one, don’t trust what they build. I am not a dodge/Chrysler/ram fan either, but they seem to be doing vastly better.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Let’s see…

10R80 issues where the 6R80 seemed stout

They decided to go “Built Ford Proud” so we know it is limp wristed versus Ford Tough.

The S550.5 I mean S650 does not look great.

There is less reason for the aftermarket guys to jump in on the new Mustangs due to tuning being harder and less tunable.

They got rid of sedans. Not everyone wants a crossover, truck, SUV, or Mustang.

The F150 Lightning has flopped harder than LeBronda James.

The Bronco seems to not be going so well between inability to fill orders and the engine issues.

The Raptor R gets beat in every metric by the TRX.

And it seemed like Ford was not clear on what they wanted to do with the GT500.

The 2020 GT350 would be the newest Mustang I would buy.

As much as I like the look of the new F150s, the 10R80 stories have me at a no. The only issue I have had with the 6R80 was fixed within a few months with a TCM update.

I think Ford is not heading in a great direction. I hope they right the ship. But I am not going to hold my breath. Companies are catering to the minority to virtue signal.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The Raptor R gets beat in every metric by the TRX.

I can't say I have seen these results. The lighter Raptor R has gave it the advantage in pretty much all the tests I have seen, but I haven't seen the major mags like R&T or C&D's coverage of it.

jbarger

Established Member
I don’t understand what any of you guys are talking about. I’m almost 60 years old and I’ve loved every Ford I’ve ever owned. I currently have a 2018 F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost, a 2019 Lincoln MKZ with the 400 HP 3.0 and I just picked up a 2022 Mach 1 i love Fords and would never have anything but!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
For years I bled Ford Blue!! Not so much anymore. Years ago I was screwed out of a GT500 by a greedy dealership. Bought a new Z06 instead. Opened my eyes to other brands.
Recently we tried to get a Bronco instead of the Wrangler we bought last year. Being on the list at my local dealer actually didnt help at all. After waiting a year plus we bought a loaded new Wrangler below MSRP. With that said, the Mustang will always have a place in my heart.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
10r80 is way stronger than the 6r80... the biggest issue is controlling the heat and tuners realling learning the trans...

the 6r80 we can build to be very strong, but from the factory, the 10r is "stronger"

02_Lightning

Established Member
What about the dct in the gt500? I think with that transmission, it is substantially limiting what enthusiasts can do with the car.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have not heard that.

For that WAP, Tyre was willing to change his pronouns to was/were.
Turns out putting an electrical controller inside the trans pan wasn’t a great idea. It’s of metal from normal wear get inside it and short it out. Before the programming recall it would lose the speed sensor, think you were stopped and throw it in first even though you were doing 80. Now it just sits in third gear with the update

The cooler lines have a quick connect at the front of the truck and they seem to like to snap without warning, odds are it’ll pump the trans dry and burn it before you realize it and get off the road

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Turns out putting an electrical controller inside the trans pan wasn’t a great idea. It’s of metal from normal wear get inside it and short it out. Before the programming recall it would lose the speed sensor, think you were stopped and throw it in first even though you were doing 80. Now it just sits in third gear with the update

The cooler lines have a quick connect at the front of the truck and they seem to like to snap without warning, odds are it’ll pump the trans dry and burn it before you realize it and get off the road

What years?

I’m trying to keep the 15 F150 long term.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
They should just call everything they build a mustang or a F350. Also make the best looking sports car in the world and build like 20 of them. This is how you make a billion dollar company into a million dollar company. Who would have thought the name Farley could **** something up???

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What years?

I’m trying to keep the 15 F150 long term.

the recall for programming and extended warranty was on 11-13 vehicles with 6r80 but looks like pretty much all years of the 6r80 could end up with the lead frame issue at some point. Not much you can do really. The new part has some kind of felt "filter" on it

the trans cooler lines - again, pretty much all the f150s. The lines connect on the pass side of the truck on engine side of the radiator. Lots of cases they look fine, seems like they're failing internally and snap off. A new set of lines around $150 or people are cutting off the ends and replacing them with rubber transmission line and clamps.

Users who are viewing this thread