Ford 2022 Results

einehund

Established Member
Cut cars people want and build crappy quality ugly crap and surprised?
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

02_Lightning

Established Member
He actually sounds like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy….
I think if you look at the year-end financial report, the “lost volume” is not a leading factor in the missed revenue.
Farley came out a few weeks ago and threw his engineering, design, and manufacturing teams under the bus because of the abnormally huge loss in warranty claims. He alludes to this in this interview by saying further cuts/changes needed on the “input” side of his company.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
He was studdering and stammering the entire interview, and did not look prepared or confident inspiring at all. His last effort pitch on the $0.80 dividend as a reason to invest in the company was just pathetic.

If Farley's alleged reputation of being a hot head is true, I can't imagine what is must be like on the 11th floor at HQ. Heck, he's probably down in the lobby screaming at the receptionist.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
They should drop all ICE and invest in battery technology to increase their market share . I mean purple haired tranny preschool teachers need a vehicle that shows the depth of their virtue. Who cares how a vehicle looks, performs, or lasts if it makes .1% of the population happy?
Good job Ford, keep it up!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They should continue to not figure out a way to strategically eliminate ADM's on specialty cars that scare off those looking to purchase them along with continually minimizing their production numbers. Want a Bronco Raptor? Call Galpin and see if they'll let one go for 150k.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ok then, is 154k better?:)

Encinitas-Ford-Markups-7.jpg

Or if you want a discounted ADM there's always BAT...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yeah, I was looking at the Bronco Raptors on cargurus.com last night within 500 miles and all of them were over $115k. Insane.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
They should continue to not figure out a way to strategically eliminate ADM's on specialty cars that scare off those looking to purchase them along with continually minimizing their production numbers. Want a Bronco Raptor? Call Galpin and see if they'll let one go for 150k.
the painful experience of talking to multiple dealerships/salesmen during the hunt, to just end up in a highest bidder scenario has lost it's luster on me...

hence the lack of blue oval in my garage.

also, is he actually kin to chris farley because wow there are some similarities

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I get asked all the time because I work on this junk, "what do you think of this model?"
I reply with I can't recommend a single thing they build right now..buy a 2014 F150 that doesn't have holes in the cab corners, you have to go that far back. Especially the last 2 years.. Ford, the most recalled manufacturer for 2022.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

It would need to be crafty. Even with the EV stuff, they can only regulate what you advertise at, not what you sell at.

Ok then, is 154k better?:)

Encinitas-Ford-Markups-7.jpg

Or if you want a discounted ADM there's always BAT...

Silliness

When ford compares their financials to their dealer’s, then it will finally be obvious who is making the money. They should be appalled at how the dealer network stole their profits.

Eh not really. Throw the "voluntary mandate" EV certification requirements on the dealers Financials and you get a different vibe.

Why was Farley even put in charge?

Because the dude dominates a room.

q6543

Established Member
I can say they completely cut OT at my plant for basically everyone.

Been that way since November, so they’re pinching pennies again.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Cutting OT makes sense as I am sure production volumes are cut way back (new car sales have fallen off a cliff).

Users who are viewing this thread