Ford’s Twin Panel Roof Broke Again

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Add the F250's to this if you already didn't. Same cabs as 150's.

I have never opened mine. No doubt it would break if I did.

One thing I remember reading was the panels tend to seize up on the gaskets. If you want to (try) and avoid breakage, run some soap along where the glass meets the rubber/gaskets so it will slide. Also to raise the panel first before sliding it, again to break the seal, so to speak. I read about so many that have broken.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have read about this so many times I don't even bother opening mine. Sounds like a real PITA especially when you cant get it closed. Mine has tons of small issues but I am thankful it has never left me stranded.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I counted...I've had 21 trucks in the last 8 years that have had the Twin Panel Roof....no issues here.

Even on my current 2017 F350.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I would imagine a moon roof/sun roof would have less issues than a convertible car.

Also, being in colder areas, rainy areas can damage the plastic/rubber/silicone and/or other mechanics easier and faster.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That sucks @Deceptive
I hope they get fixed ASAP. I haven't been too pleased with my truck lately as well.
(2016 Ram Sport rcsb 4X4) I may try to trade it in depending on how well they treat with me the trade. I'll see how it goes.
Good luck.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
That sucks @Deceptive
I hope they get fixed ASAP. I haven't been too pleased with my truck lately as well.
(2016 Ram Sport rcsb 4X4) I may try to trade it in depending on how well they treat with me the trade. I'll see how it goes.
Good luck.
Good luck, what have you been interested in?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I would imagine a moon roof/sun roof would have less issues than a convertible car.

Also, being in colder areas, rainy areas can damage the plastic/rubber/silicone and/or other mechanics easier and faster.

Had a 96 Explorer Sport with moonroof. Never had an issue with it and had it 6 years. Hell, it didn’t even break when the truck went through about 5 trees.

My 02 GT convertible never leaked until some Meth head cut the top to steal the stereo. Had the top and the seals replaced.

My wife’s 11 Focus, never had an issue with the moonroof and the new owner hasn’t.

15 F150, this will be fix #2. I truly believe the issue is materials used for brackets and track.

I am doing Wuhan God’s work for Jason.

RES0574

Established Member
I counted...I've had 21 trucks in the last 8 years that have had the Twin Panel Roof....no issues here.

Even on my current 2017 F350.

You must have very good luck, and I have very bad luck:

2017 F350 - Twin Panel Roof repaired three times
2020 Ford Expedition - Roof repaired twice
2021 F250 - Roof repaired once already, only owned 10 months

My 2014 Raptor was the worst. Sunroof was repaired three times, and my heated rear window was worked on once, then replaced twice. When they replaced, they had to do the entire rear window.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You must have very good luck, and I have very bad luck:

2017 F350 - Twin Panel Roof repaired three times
2020 Ford Expedition - Roof repaired twice
2021 F250 - Roof repaired once already, only owned 10 months

My 2014 Raptor was the worst. Sunroof was repaired three times, and my heated rear window was worked on once, then replaced twice. When they replaced, they had to do the entire rear window.

The Raptor was the old small roof.

rborden

Established Member
Stop buying shit trucks and you won’t have this problem anymore.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
The fun keeps coming.

So, dropped off the truck before vacation and got a call the truck was done yesterday. Got home last night. Picked up the truck and didn’t make it a mile.

Somehow in replacing the brackets on the moonroof, all the speakers have developed static even when the truck is completely powered down.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The fun keeps coming.

So, dropped off the truck before vacation and got a call the truck was done yesterday. Got home last night. Picked up the truck and didn’t make it a mile.

Somehow in replacing the brackets on the moonroof, all the speakers have developed static even when the truck is completely powered down.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I can't imagine it being related. I don't think that the speaker wire runs through the headliner.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't imagine it being related. I don't think that the speaker wire runs through the headliner.

All I know is I went in to have the tires replaced, oil change, and drain tubes cleaned and got a truck with a broken roof back. Then I dropped it off to get the roof fixed and every speaker has static. I don’t believe it is the wiring itself. But something happened and it is frustrating because both problems did not exist before service.

I get it, shit breaks during service. But my line of work we are required to do a functions test before anything and if something does not pass we go to the customer immediately. This is before we open up the equipment, do a software update, whatever. If it passes then shits the bed once we have our hands in it, we eat the costs.

Now, I also understand that certain things cannot be done in this manner. So I am not a completely unreasonable asshole. Just a partially to mostly.

Anyone still ridin’ with Biden or is gas too expensive for y’all?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All I know is I went in to have the tires replaced, oil change, and drain tubes cleaned and got a truck with a broken roof back. Then I dropped it off to get the roof fixed and every speaker has static. I don’t believe it is the wiring itself. But something happened and it is frustrating because both problems did not exist before service.

I get it, shit breaks during service. But my line of work we are required to do a functions test before anything and if something does not pass we go to the customer immediately. This is before we open up the equipment, do a software update, whatever. If it passes then shits the bed once we have our hands in it, we eat the costs.

Now, I also understand that certain things cannot be done in this manner. So I am not a completely unreasonable asshole. Just a partially to mostly.

So, after replacing tires, doing an oil change, draining tubes and fixing the roof....they should ensure your radio speakers work properly?

Hopefully they checked your trailer brake wiring too.

It's gotta be something stupid. Does it only happen with AM/FM, CD, Bluetooth, Sirius, etc?

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
So, after replacing tires, doing an oil change, draining tubes and fixing the roof....they should ensure your radio speakers work properly?

Hopefully they checked your trailer brake wiring too.

It's gotta be something stupid. Does it only happen with AM/FM, CD, Bluetooth, Sirius, etc?

I don’t believe you are following the happenings.

Initial visit: replace tires, oil change, clean drain tubes. Moonroof is fine.

Get truck back with broken moonroof brackets. Schedule repair.

Drop off truck for moonroof repair, radio is fine.

Get truck back and have static in every speaker even with truck completely shut off. No radio on, nothing. But still static.

Yes, I expect to get a truck back without new issues that were not there when I dropped it off.

Would you be ok with getting your truck having new issues that were not present when you dropped it off for service?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don’t believe you are following the happenings.

Initial visit: replace tires, oil change, clean drain tubes. Moonroof is fine.

Get truck back with broken moonroof brackets. Schedule repair.

Drop off truck for moonroof repair, radio is fine.

Get truck back and have static in every speaker even with truck completely shut off. No radio on, nothing. But still static.

Yes, I expect to get a truck back without new issues that were not there when I dropped it off.

Would you be ok with getting your truck having new issues that were not present when you dropped it off for service?

No, I was following.

So, your truck has speaker static, even when everything is powered off? How about when you pull the negative battery cable? That's an odd problem.

Users who are viewing this thread