For what it's worth $$$$

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The one I passed on was White (my least favorite color) and had paint issues. I thought I would pass on it and find a low mileage used one in a better color. Ha. I would've have never guessed that the market would go where it has with them. Like I said if I can I will get a new one.

A lot of the white ones had a paint issue. A friend of mine just sold his 137 miles car, white/blue. All the white paint on the car had faded or became more of a vanilla/yellowed color. His was caused by poor storage.

The second car that had paint issues, this time from the factory, were the red/white cars. On the hood if you look at the stripes close enough you can see a red tint. The white painted stripes were not thick enough to prevent a bleed through effect. I have not noticed it on any other car other than a red/white and I've seen it on 4 different ones and heard many others talk about it.

08KR525

Established Member
That's good to know 13Cobra. That was exactly the issue with this particular car. It had a "yellowed" halo area in the left front fender the size of a basketball.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Watched the Mecum auction from Austin Tx. last night:
2006, 4 option car, blue / white stripe, 267 miles, hammered for 310K !
Couldn't help but think, what a shame a car like this wasn't driven.

Totally agree! I would never buy a car that I would not drive.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's good to know 13Cobra. That was exactly the issue with this particular car. It had a "yellowed" halo area in the left front fender the size of a basketball.

It's fairly common on white vehicles, unfortunately. I traded for a 2010 GT500 2 years ago that was white/blue. Obviously the plastic bumper covers will always have a slightly off white tint to them because metal and plastic look different painted white, but the doors and trunk also had a very distinct yellow tint to them.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
They did actually drop to the $130s, albeit briefly. Red cars with very reasonable miles dropped into the $120s for a real short period of time at the peak of "Oh my god these are dropping I need to unload" panic, and there were a number of both red and white cars to be had in the $130s for several months. I bought both a 2k white and a 3k mile blue car in the mid-140s after prices were already off the lows, and those weren't real crazy deals at the time. The bulk of the insanity with GT prices has occurred in the last 12 months.

As for paint issues, lots and lots of GTs of many colors have paint issues, but I've seen worse in the same price range. I wouldn't have bothered touching up the rock chips on my hood, but after 6 years of driving, I pulled out of my garage one day and realized that the hood and fenders were wearing at different rates. Decided I'd rather have a chip-free panel with a 95% match than a chipped up panel with an original paint 92% match. The price you pay for driving 27,000 miles, but worth every cent.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
They were never that low. Trust me, I was in the market then. About as low as no stories cars ever fell was approx 150 for a driven car, 160 for very low mile cars. Salvage title cars did drop that low. Yes, Heritage cars were of about the same value as other medium range cars. Reds were always cheaper due to the numbers of them.

They never fell more than about 20k under MSRP and did not stay there very long. I was fortunate to buy one before they started the upward spiral

Picture1732_zps0b6fed68.gif

Users who are viewing this thread