For those who have installed Lethal Budget Return

greenflash00

Established Member
So I'm trying to decide if I want to install the system myself or have the shop do it so I don't have to trailer it up there. Those that have installed it themselves are you typically able to get it to idle properly without a new tune? My tuner is 2 hrs away and I have my doubts.

It's the budget return with 465s and 80s

It would seem if you set the base pressure at 40psi or so it should run fine to drive to the tuner….I am also putting on 80's though as well and that sort of makes it worse I guess.

What have you guys done?:coolman:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do the work yourself! Your tuner should be able to send you a "start up" tune. That's what mine did, then I could start the car, check for leaks and drive it a few blocks to make sure everything was good.

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Yeah you can't run the car at all with a return style system and a returnless system tune. It won't even idle like that plus you risk damaging your pumps if they are return only style. Any capable tuner can give you a "start up" or "limp" tune that you can use to get it on a trailer or baby it to their shop. And the install itself is cake. Definitely tackle it yourself.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
And if you need any help on the install, there are plenty here who can give some guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread