For those who have installed a Fluidyne radiator...

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
I am looking for feedback from other 99/01 owners. If you have installed Fluidyne radiator p/n FHP20-97MU, could you please reply with the following info?

1 - How was the general fitment, in your opinion? Supercharger present? Significant interference?

2 - Was any modification or fabrication necessary (fan shroud, brackets, etc)?

Thanks for your help everyone. :beer:

blowngt

Established Member
COBRA90GT said:
I am looking for feedback from other 99/01 owners. If you have installed Fluidyne radiator p/n FHP20-97MU, could you please reply with the following info?

1 - How was the general fitment, in your opinion? Supercharger present? Significant interference?

2 - Was any modification or fabrication necessary (fan shroud, brackets, etc)?

Thanks for your help everyone. :beer:

I installed one in my 00GT with the bullitt intake and the fittment was perfect. I didn't have to make any modifications and I still have just enough clearance for the procharger...

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
i have one in mine and i had to bend a little bit of the radiator to make it work with my novi 2k here is a pic
photodisplay.php

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
blowngt - Thanks for the input. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the radiator area (looking downward, top view similar to what rrspicer posted), would you? It might come in handy for comparision purposes between the GT and the Cobra front end area.

I *suspect* that there are some fitment issues with the FHP20-97MU radiator when installed in the 99/01 cobras. Perhaps the GT front end (brackets, ABS lines, AC lines, etc?) is a little different from the 99/01 cobra. I don't have enough information to make a decision yet though - that's why I'm trying to gather "data" first.

rrspicer - Thanks for the info and for posting the pic, looks like a tight fit. Did you have any trouble with the radiator fan/shroud area coming in contact with the AC lines or ABS lines on the left side? Did you grind off any plastic from the radiator fan housing? Appreciate your help.

Thanks again guys, anyone else installed/running a Fluidyne FHP20-97MU?

Users who are viewing this thread