For those thatr havent seen the vids

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
JKD said:
Eric, that thing is going to be sick. Just keep it shiny side up. If I were brave enough I'd go for a ride in that thing, but riding in Strokd is as close to death as I would like to get for now. :p

yeah its going to be insane, I cant wait:D

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Ok keep on thinking that...run the parking cone on low boost, I DARE you...

news flash, YOU CANNNNNNTTTT DRIVEEEE YOU DONNNNNTTT NEED MOOOREEE HOOOOOOORSSSSSEEEEE POWWWWERRRRRR

but good luck with the motor...why the stroker if the motor wasn't damaged?

I had already ordered the stroker over a month ago, so its about finished, Knew I was going to adventually need it. The bearings are probably trashed on the motor, pistons, rods everything should be fine.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
Eric, that thing is going to be sick. Just keep it shiny side up. If I were brave enough I'd go for a ride in that thing, but riding in Strokd is as close to death as I would like to get for now. :p
He may have 50-80 RW on me, who knows what I really make, but my car is still 600 lbs lighter...:D

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
yeah its going to be insane, I cant wait:D
Too bad you missed the fast cars last night... gonna take more than 800 for you to keep up me thinks... Ask Jeremy...:eek:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
I'm anxious to see stephen vs. strokd...that will be a sick race if both cars are on their a game.
Who is Stephen?:dw:

I'm anxious to see Manny vs STROKD personally, but he has better things to do than worry about my slow junk.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
STROKD said:
He may have 50-80 RW on me, who knows what I really make, but my car is still 600 lbs lighter...:D

yeah i would say 400lbs lighter with the weight reduction from my car, thats a lot, it will def. be hard to be you strokd, but will still be a good, fun race.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
STROKD said:
Too bad you missed the fast cars last night... gonna take more than 800 for you to keep up me thinks... Ask Jeremy...:eek:

yeah im going to need the 900-950 high boost tune to keep up with you strokd, which would be close to maxing out my turbos, but thats a not a bad thing. Maybe I can upgrade to 60's or 67's next. :D

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
yeah i would say 400lbs lighter with the weight reduction from my car, thats a lot, it will def. be hard to be you strokd, but will still be a good, fun race.

What are u doing besides the alluminum motor that will drop 400 lbs

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Already have the rear seat delete on my car, tubular front suspension, QA1 A-arms, K member, and M/M coilovers. Plus the stroker motor,aluminum flywheel which is maybe 15 lbs. Right now it ways 3840 with me in it which is still heavy, considering its a vert, but the weight reduction has been well worth it.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
yes but the stock oil pump gears disenigrated. with metal all in the motor, Im sure they can just use a pressure hose, and tiny pieces of metal out, im sure the new billet pump the motor would have still turned over, but I dont want to take any chances, thats why I had HPP start building the stroker motor, early last december.
I see so the gear shattered... That sucks, so who at HPP is builder the motor? It doesn't take two months to build a motor.. It takes about a week to machine and balance everything if you are taking a long time, and it takes about a week to put everything together. That is if they are building their own motors now instead of contracting them out to someone else..

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Where to get this idea that Hpp contracts out someone to build their motors, why is yours taking so long to be built, I still dont understand why you would drive your car untuned, and not upgrade the fuel system, that doesn't make any sense to me whatsover. Why couldn't you get car tuned or working, it seems like yours has taken a lot longer than two weeks. Theres nothing wrong my motor, after everything was cleaned out of the block, I could have had everything put back together and put on a billet oil pump. I am deciding to do it right this time and get a stroker motor built, with all billet internals, JE pistons, turbo cams, ported heads.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
Where to get this idea that Hpp contracts out someone to build their motors, why is yours taking so long to be built, I still dont understand why you would drive your car untuned, and not upgrade the fuel system, that doesn't make any sense to me whatsover. Why couldn't you get car tuned or working, it seems like yours has taken a lot longer than two weeks. Theres nothing wrong my motor, after everything was cleaned out of the block, I could have had everything put back together and put on a billet oil pump. I am deciding to do it right this time and get a stroker motor built, with all billet internals, JE pistons, turbo cams, ported heads.
I dropped off my motor in mid Dec. I was driving the car around for a month after I hurt the motor, the motor wasn't messed up just 2 pistons had slightly lifted ring lands.. That didn't mean I couldn't drive it around, and I was driving it around and to the Arlington GTG we have every Wed. They had it torn down, and was waiting on me to decide what parts I wanted to go with. Once I gave them the ok to buy the new rings and pistons it was done, and the parts came in, in about a week.. The motor would have been finished over a week ago but we have been waiting on the coater to get back in town so I can get my new pistons coated with a ceramic coating.. After I get the pistons coated everything will be assembled and I will reinstall the motor in my car.. Should be next week. They use to contract their motors out to Houston Performance to build all their motors for them.. If that has changed since then, I don't know, but if it has then who is building their motors for them now??? My fuel system was good enough for the 200 pills I was running so there was no need to up grade it at that time.. I did have a GT pump in the tank, so I wasn't on the stock pump.. The car was putting down 530rwhp & 570rwtq with the 200 pills. I thought the 250 wouldn't be a problem but it was and went lean as we know. The tuning on my car was fine when I had the 200 pills, never checked it with the 250 pills though.

Last edited:

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
dan03mach said:
I dropped off my motor in mid Dec. I was driving the car around for a month after I hurt the motor, the motor wasn't messed up just 2 pistons had slightly lifted ring lands.. That didn't mean I couldn't drive it around, and I was driving it around and to the Arlington GTG we have every Wed. They had it torn down, and was waiting on me to decide what parts I wanted to go with. Once I gave them the ok to buy the new rings and pistons it was done, and the parts came in, in about a week.. The motor would have been finished over a week ago but we have been waiting on the coater to get back in town so I can get my new pistons coated with a ceramic coating.. After I get the pistons coated everything will be assembled and I will reinstall the motor in my car.. Should be next week. They use to contract their motors out to Houston Performance to build all their motors for them.. If that has changed since then, I don't know, but if it has then who is building their motors for them now??? My fuel system was good enough for the 200 pills I was running so there was no need to up grade it at that time.. I did have a GT pump in the tank, so I wasn't on the stock pump.. The car was putting down 530rwhp & 570rwtq with the 200 pills. I thought the 250 wouldn't be a problem but it was and went lean as we know. The tuning on my car was fine when I had the 200 pills, never checked it with the 250 pills though.

Those are still good numbers, which about what I make on low boost, your car is a lot lighter than mine, but would still like to race ya when both of our cars are back, maybe at ennis or kennedale, I dont seem to do that great on the street, too many other things to worry about you like crazy ass drivers, and hitting somebody.

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
Those are still good numbers, which about what I make on low boost, your car is a lot lighter than mine, but would still like to race ya when both of our cars are back, maybe at ennis or kennedale, I dont seem to do that great on the street, too many other things to worry about you like crazy ass drivers, and hitting somebody.
Thats cool, but you might have a better fighting chance against me on the street. The track is where I will own you at, don't you remember last time out..;-)

Users who are viewing this thread