For those that have Roush a/b w/ cat deletes

For those that have Roush a/b and cat deletes.

• Nope, sounds great, wouldn't change it.

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Its pretty loud, feel bad for my neighbors.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Its really loud, I'm going to/already have changed it.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Not loud enough, need moar powaaa!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do you even lift?

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
I have LT headers off road X no resonators and Roush AB. It is ungodly loud. Sometimes I like it sometimes I hate it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXzgS7hXevI

:rockon: I had the same thing, Kooks LTs, Off road x and over axle pipes to roush ab.. Loved it!

Now ill be running quad tip magnaflow comp catback with turbo kit.. wont be any x pipe this time... If i dont like it i will put the roush back on :banana:

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I have them like others said some days its bad ass then others I just wanna rip them off. I really want borla s types now just no money. The one thing I hate most is if you ever wanna get on it in town you can't its so loud that every cop in a 5 mile radius heard you. My town is pretty small yes but I have to go miles out of town to even go wot. So im either getting kooks or borla when I get some cash.

94_Vert

Established Member
I know this is old, but I wanted to update what I went with. After I took my cats off, as some have said the Roush was stupid loud. It sounded good sometimes and other times, complete garbage. So I knew I wanted chambered mufflers and not straight through like what the Roush is. After listening to dozens of clips and doing research, I went with a MAC axleback, partially due to sound quality and also the price didn't hurt either. I grew up on fox bodies, and MAC had some of the best sounding mufflers for the pushrod 5.0. so that also played a part.

I am completely happy with them, there is a little drone, which is normal with chambered mufflers but I kind of like it, its mainly right at 2k rpms. The higher the gear, the less obvious it is. They're full stainless and the fit and finish is very nice. The tips are not adjustable like the Roush, but once installed they fit perfect. They stick out about 1" from the rear valance, almost exactly like I had my Roush tips. I also like the non-rolled tips, my roush tips always seemed to be hard to clean. These are much easier.

Twelvepsigt

If anyone is still active on this one I was wondering if anyone has a recommended muffler replacement for the roush muffler? I have a 2012 Stage 2 that I recently went with a off road cat delete and like I now read too late the car is way too loud, I took a recommended replacement of the resonators with round magnaflow straight through mufflers and leaving the roush ones in place and didn’t make a difference.

clinton2003

Established Member
your going to need a chambered muffler, not a straight through ones like the roush. Your best bet is some GT500's or even a flowmaster 44 series or stock.

the gt500 and stock mufflers are very similar internally, gt500 has a bypass hole so some of the exhaust gasses can bypass to the pipe early, which gives it its deeper sound vs the stock mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread