for those running torque app for andriod...

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
i use my torque pro app with my elm327 bluetooth obd2 adapter everytime im in my car to monitor everything. i think its best thing since sliced bread for real. they are always adding new plugin for the app and i just came accross this:
New Sony Ericsson MN800 Liveview Bluetooth Remote Control for Android Phone | eBay

for use with this plugin:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.liveview.plugins.sandbox&hl=en

and i got my adapter from amazon.com for 12.99 with free shipping and it came with the pro version of the app on disk as well as pc version and another i believe is for iphone? this is my exact adapter and i use it with my galaxy s3:

Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner : Amazon.com : Automotive

the best thing about this live view remote display is that it has HUD mode so you can stick it in your dash and view the reflection in your windshield!
and for those with andriod devices who arent aware of the app, its the greatest thing on earth really! you can view and datalog, fully customizable displays, guages, layouts, any sensor the ecu can see you can get a gauge for. it reads and clears dtc's, while driving, has the option to automatically clear them as well and can enable speech and it will call out codes in real time if they should arise, and can bring you the web for more detailed info on them. also can set alarms for any sensor reading (i use mine for high iat's so i know not to hit it if its too hot). pretty much everything. and the code scanner will pull up codes that even my friends $1500 snap on scanner wont recognize! and there are a ton of plugins you can get for it, like knock detector, graphing, pid scanner, and my fav track recorder where it uses your camera to record your run down the track if you use a windshield mount and datalog the run, plus its like a g-tech but way more advanced and will do 1/4 mile, 0-60, etc...uses gps and g-sensor and accelerometer in phone. hope this helped anyone interested that has heard of it or wanted to know more about it. im not affiliated with the app other than being a user of it. but i can help anyone with questions about it or helping set it up if they decide to get it. its very affordable.
enjoy!

here's a screenshot of my dashboard layout i use on a daily basis. this was taken during normal cruising in 77degree weather the other day after about 20 min of driving, no wot pulls durring this just a couple easy mild hits.
Screenshot_2013-05-05-12-33-31_zps04d9c79f.png

Last edited:

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
A lot of the Ford presets are for the turbo diesel guys so you may have to adjust some of the custom PIDs. I use a old android phone for my gauges some guys use some small tablets. How well did the HUD work?

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
A lot of the Ford presets are for the turbo diesel guys so you may have to adjust some of the custom PIDs. I use a old android phone for my gauges some guys use some small tablets. How well did the HUD work?
not sure i havent got it yet it just shipped out today but i will post up when i recieve it. i heard there was a andriod app that ca mirror the phone image for and was thinking i could use that to hud on the entire phone screen? i'll let you guys know if i find it though. do you have a list of custom pids for ford? i wouldnt mind checking them out. thanks

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
Can you get MAF_V or MAF counts?
i believe you can get volts as well as flow, though i would have to double check this. i have cfm flow from maf on mine to see the difference in flow between my stage 4 blower and the tvs. i dont remember exactly what the numbers were now on the steggy iv, but i know it was under 2000 and the tvs will hit like 2250 or better. i hardly pay attention to that one anymore to be honest. im gonna be swapping in another sensor there but i will check on counts/volts and report back over the weekend sometime.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
i believe you can get volts as well as flow, though i would have to double check this. i have cfm flow from maf on mine to see the difference in flow between my stage 4 blower and the tvs. i dont remember exactly what the numbers were now on the steggy iv, but i know it was under 2000 and the tvs will hit like 2250 or better. i hardly pay attention to that one anymore to be honest. im gonna be swapping in another sensor there but i will check on counts/volts and report back over the weekend sometime.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/tuning-la-carte-375/813055-useful-diablo-predator-table.html
Just add 22 to the start of the numbers for torque. The only one I discovered on the app for Ford that didn't work was the injector duty cycle but I haven't tried the predator PID for it yet either.

foxspy

Established Member
I'm trying to get the IAT2 PID set up, but not having any luck.

Can you guys check my setup screen and see what I'm missing?
asyhe5y8.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
you shouldnt have to add it custom anymore. if you go to settings and manage pids then hit menu and just add the predefined set for ford and it will be in there

Jonesy98

Established Member
i previously bought that same Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner : Amazon.com : Automotive
adapter, and i never could get mine to respond. it would show connected to the car, but couldnt not connect to my phone.

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
i previously bought that same Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner : Amazon.com : Automotive
adapter, and i never could get mine to respond. it would show connected to the car, but couldnt not connect to my phone.

Some of them are known to be defective.

On top of that it just might not be compatible with your phone.

cajun cobra

Established Member
Has anyone tried connecting this app through a DVD or Navigation reciever. I seen a video of this on
YouTube but it was with an IPhone. Has anyone done this with an Android phone? I am looking for a reciever that is compatable with Android as well as the Torque App.

Users who are viewing this thread