For the NASA MA guys...

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I am looking at my 2011 schedule and was wondering which events you guys are planning on going to? I really want to get up to SP this year (new track for me). Also, are you guys planning on coming down south for any SE events?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
John, right now it looks like I'm planning on all the MA events except the Feb VIR. And a few of us want to hit RA or NCCAR (should be a MA track :mj: ). But we excel at not getting organized. :shrug::shrug:

Would love to have you up to SP, and will show you a few secrets (not all though). :rolling:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
John, right now it looks like I'm planning on all the MA events except the Feb VIR. And a few of us want to hit RA or NCCAR (should be a MA track :mj: ). But we excel at not getting organized. :shrug::shrug:

Would love to have you up to SP, and will show you a few secrets (not all though). :rolling:

Cool. I was looking at the June & August SP events. Don't know if I would do both, but definitely at least one of them.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Greg,

Are you going to attend Nationals at Mid-O? You placed 3rd in MA for TTC, right?

I am planning to get enough NASA TTA events to be able to go to Nationals. I have no hopes of winning, I just want to be an "also ran". The Z06 went on a diet this winter and lost 152lbs. It will go in for an attitude adjustment in January in hopes of getting closer to my adjusted hp/wt limit (shooting for 8.5 or so).

-Kevin

BlackStripes

Established Member
In a perfect scenario .. these are the events I will attend in 2011:

26-27 March VIR - NASA
9-10 April Summit - NASA
27-29 May VIR - Cobra Club
18-19 June Summit - NASA
20-21 Aug. Summit - NASA
8-9 Oct VIR - NASA
5-6 Nov. Summit - NASA

I am still gonna drive the car to the events.... HOA doesn't allow trailers anymore.. ugh. Anyway, if anyone wants to drive to the track in group, please let me know :)

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
John,

Where does your car class out in NASA TT?

-Kevin

I still have to put it on the correct dyno, but most likely TTE. I signed up today for CMP in Feb with SE (signed up for DE3 bc I wanted to take advantage of the reg discount before it expires). If I can get the car fixed & on the dyno relatively quickly, I will see if Jim will tranfer my reg to TT.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Kevin, I'd love to go to Mid-Ohio (I raced the bike there a couple times long ago). I did get 3rd in MA-TTB. But I like going to long distance events where I have friends with trailers from home also going since I drive to events. It's a big AAA tow bill from Ohio to MD. LOL

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I am still gonna drive the car to the events.... HOA doesn't allow trailers anymore.. ugh. Anyway, if anyone wants to drive to the track in group, please let me know :)

Hector, we often have a few of us that caravan down Rt 29 from a meeting point in Gainsville to VIR on Fridays.
Interested?

BlackStripes

Established Member
Hector, we often have a few of us that caravan down Rt 29 from a meeting point in Gainsville to VIR on Fridays.
Interested?

For sure, I also take 29, and also take friday off. I would need to meet you guys a little south of Gainsville.

Let's plan it when the time gets closer! :banana:

racebronco2

Established Member
I plan on going to national in mid-ohio too. I will not be driving but i will be pitting for my friend whom drives a vett, if not for him i'll be with the ffr guys.

Maynor

Established Member
I plan to hit almost all the MA events in 2011 running TTU. Tentatively planning for VIR In Feb. as well. Maybe a few NE events as well since NJMP is so close.

John
1125765241_fWdcA-O-1.jpg

wheelhopper

Established Member
I will am planning to do all the MA events this coming year, except probably Hyperfest. If I do Hyperfest I will probably just drive up and run one day to get point for TT. I'll be running TTD in 2011.

I am looking at doing RA next December and should know if I am going to do this in time to take the discount. I also am considering signing up for NCCAR simply because the price is right. Just not sure which one yet.

This is looking to be my busiest year yet for OT. I typically would do 6-7 events. 2011 I'll be looking at 9-11.

Maynor

Established Member
Side comment/rant: I finally decided to get bent over and buy the permanent AMB transponder for the upcoming season. Rentals aren't worth it.

What an f'ing racket those guys have going... Used ones don't save you much dough due to the $40 re-registration fee. I managed to save about $50 for a new one on eBay but that's it. I'm still steamed there is no competition for that product.
/rant off

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Doug - what car are you going to be running in TTD?

I will am planning to do all the MA events this coming year, except probably Hyperfest. If I do Hyperfest I will probably just drive up and run one day to get point for TT. I'll be running TTD in 2011.

I am looking at doing RA next December and should know if I am going to do this in time to take the discount. I also am considering signing up for NCCAR simply because the price is right. Just not sure which one yet.

This is looking to be my busiest year yet for OT. I typically would do 6-7 events. 2011 I'll be looking at 9-11.

John - I agree. I bought a used one with a dead battery and the only place that fixes them is in Australia!

Side comment/rant: I finally decided to get bent over and buy the permanent AMB transponder for the upcoming season. Rentals aren't worth it.

What an f'ing racket those guys have going... Used ones don't save you much dough due to the $40 re-registration fee. I managed to save about $50 for a new one on eBay but that's it. I'm still steamed there is no competition for that product.
/rant off

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
John - I hear you on the AMBs. I got mine through a discount with Tarheel Sports Car Club a couple of years ago when I was running the Cobra. But I didn't save much. If you saved $50 then you got a deal.

I am thinking about running the February VIR MA event... and then running the CMP SE event the following weekend.

In 2010, I was blessed with more track events than ever: 31 days between HPDE/Clinics, Instructor Clinics, Time Trials and Chump Car/LeMons racing. I am dialing it back a bit with 2011 and concentrating more on a focused effort for dialing in the Z06 for NASA TTA. I will still attend quite a few events to work and instruct, but I may not even take the Z06 to the track if I am not running a Time Trial or doing some kind of specific testing.

I have zero hopes of winning a Regional Championship (can't run enough events in a specific region) or even the Nationals Championship. But I do want to win some darn TIRES and I want to be able to say, "Yeah, I ran in the Nationals."

-Kevin

wheelhopper

Established Member
Doug - what car are you going to be running in TTD?

I will be running my '90GT. I have pretty much retired the '03 from track duty. Parts were just to expensive to replace, and I am just refering to rotors and tires. My '90, with the IRS in it, is actually a better balanced and handling car. I do miss the extra 275rwhp though.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I will be running my '90GT. I have pretty much retired the '03 from track duty. Parts were just to expensive to replace, and I am just refering to rotors and tires. My '90, with the IRS in it, is actually a better balanced and handling car. I do miss the extra 275rwhp though.

Tell me about it. :beer:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member

Try running with 136rwhp!

How much weight were you able to take out of it? Have you put it on the scales yet?

Users who are viewing this thread