For the Lawyers on here.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Have you ever had a subpoena completely thrown out? Quashed?

Short reason for asking.

Someone in the company I used to work for did some wrong doing. Very bad wrong doing.

It was proven and he was punished. It was shown and determined I had no part in the wrong doing as management had my hands tied.

Now corporate entity that insures the company is holding me responsible as I was highest in line of responsibility under the Board of Directors, President & CEO, Compliance Officer then to 2 others then to me.

I have a hearing coming up at year end over this matter so I can go back to work in my field. We subpoenaed the company I worked for and they in turn file a quash. My 2 attorneys said no problem they can't quash. Guess what. They quashed the whole subpoena. Now I cannot access any of my records still at the company to defend myself. So I am at a loss right now trying to figure out next step. The two attorneys called me the same day at different times telling me in all their years they had never had that happen. Both of them said it was like getting kicked/punched in the stomach.

I just do not know where to turn to or who to turn to as all the years I did subpoena research for the company I worked for we could never get a subpoena quashed.

Just wondering what the attorneys on here have experienced.

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
Subpoenas for production of documents/evidence, etc aren't just quashed....Unless your request was just completely off the wall or lacked the proper form....there should have been a hearing to argue why it should be suppressed. There are a few reasons why subpoenas get quashed....overly burdensome, privileged material, etc...

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
"my 2 attorney's said".

Like being in Veags really.

After being in court (Los Angeles!!) for years with the best of the best lawyers, to fight an assortment of cases from probate, contractors, to evictions, I have learned to following.

They (lawyers) all specialize and are 100% certain on how to bill someone (you) for their services. That's all that is for sure.

I weight the gains/losses, and get out the best economic way.

Good luck

Steve

jbs$

Established Member
Not an Attorney, just an old line Senior Executive. Someone in your old chain is perceived to have money or an insurance policy that will lead to money and you are just a road bump to getting there. If, in the process, you are left bankrupt and unemployable, well, that is viewed as just collateral damage and crap happens.

Transfer all assets to your Father, the least likely guy to screw you, and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread