For Sale - PST Carbon Fiber D/S

Taz

Established Member
I'm replacing my PST carbon fiber D/S with another one just like it, except shorter, so the old one is for sale.

My current one is too long since I swapped out my 5-speed for a T-56, so it's for sale. For a detailed description, check out the second one listed at the link below ($825):

PST Carbon Fiber Driveshafts

The one I'm selling is for a Cobra with IRS and a T-45 or TR-3650.

This D/S has 10K miles on it. It weighs just 12.5 lbs and is in perfect condition.

I wouldn't be offering for sale, but it will no longer fit the car, and a CF driveshaft can't be shortened. :(

$450 + shipping

T-

Taz

Established Member
Fast99Snake said:
damn this shit is tempting as hell
hmmmm.....
im guessing yours has the aluminum yokes?

Yes, it has the optional aluminum yoke tubes, instead of steel.

T-

Taz

Established Member
Come on. Somebody step up and buy this part. It's well worth the money - best D/S available for an IRS Cobra, as anyone who has driven a car with one will confirm.

T-

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
reason i didnt already jump on this is because i have an 03 irs in my car
sooo
the pinion flange is different which means i'd have to change the pinion yoke over which adds to the cost

Taz

Established Member
Fast99Snake said:
reason i didnt already jump on this is because i have an 03 irs in my car
sooo
the pinion flange is different which means i'd have to change the pinion yoke over which adds to the cost

Well, well.

It just so happens I have a brand new '03 pinion flange coupling for this D/S that I bought when I still thought I was going to make it fit. (When I swapped out the tranny, I also put a new pumpkin with a Torsen T2R diff and some FRPP gears in the car, and I've got an '03 pinion flange on the new 3rd member.)

Since my new D/S will be coming with an '03 flange coupling already installed, I'll throw in the '03 coupling that I already have for free. How's that?

T-

Taz

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
Will this bolt up directly to a 99 cobra irs and tranny? And do you have a picture if so, pm me and i'll take it.

Yes, it will bolt right up with the flange coupling that's already on it. 99 and 01 Cobras have the same pinion flange, and use the same transmission slip tube. Your car is equipped with a T-45 and mine had a TR-3650, but the overall lengths are nearly identical, so they can use the same length D/S.

I'm on a business trip to San Francisco until Friday night, but I can send you a photo of just the driveshaft as soon as I get home.

Meanwhile, you can see a photo of the D/S installed on the car if you follow the link below:

Taz's driveline page

T-

Users who are viewing this thread