For Sale - 1998.5 SVT Contour Black/MNB - 107k miles

MS3

Price: looking for $2100, hoping for a quick sale.

Pictures can be seen on the craigslist ad here:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/4548434249.html

I have owned my Contour for the past 5 or so years, however it is just time for me to move on, so I am selling it hopefully to someone who will appreciate it. For reference, I need to move the car quickly which is why I have priced it for a quick sale. I am happy to show the car over the weekend, but will most likely not be able to show it on week days unless you are ready to buy and have cash in hand and are ready to purchase.

The car is located in Lower Westchester County, NY, for those interested. As it sits, the car has about 107,000 miles. I bought the car with roughly 80,000 back in 2009. So as you can tell, it has had limited use over the last five or so years, but has done me well. The car has been very reliable, however, I will go ahead and list out everything that I currently know that may either be worth noting or possibly fixing if you are so inclined.

The good:

Low mileage for the year, as listed above

Mostly Original, with the only modifications being a B&M short Shifter and British American Transfer (BAT) shocks/stuts and springs (these were installed probably three or four years ago)

All electrics work - windows, sunroof, all lights, CD player

New Goodyear Eagle F1 all season tires installed late last year

New fuel pump installed earlier this year

Car has been well serviced over its lifetime

The car will come with winter tires on steel wheels

The car will come with ford manuals if I can grab them out of storage (I think I know where they are, but not a total promise )

The Not so Good

There is a check engine light that comes on intermittently -- it is due to a false reading on the o2 sensor, a known issue with these cars that does not affect drivability at all

Recently, the battery has started draining when it sits -- The car probably needs a new battery as its been a number of years on the current one, and the car doesn't get driven often

The drivers side light has a leak, so it has condensation in it

The power antenna stopped working

Some dings on the bumpers due to a year or so of city living

Aftermarket head unit that works fine, but not all speakers function all of the time. I think the internal amplifier is going.

The car runs and drives great. The clutch is fine with plenty of grab left in it. It has just been an all around great car, but at 15+ years old, you should expect somewhat tired paint and wear and tear with the mileage. However, it is a great car for the price, and would make someone happy I'm sure for many more years. Please let me know if anyone has questions, happy to answer.

Users who are viewing this thread