For our younger members

52merc

Established Member
Although I agree that you can drive a Mustang (even a Termi...nator) in the winter, this is where mine stays for the winter. These pic were from 02-Oct-18, and yes, winter lasts a long time here.

Snowy 1 LR.jpg

Snowy 2 LR.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've done very minimal driving in snow in my life thankfully. I was up in Big Bear winter before last and I remember sliding into a bank. Thankfully it was parking lot speed so nothing was damaged. This was in my truck in 4wd.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I figured I'd attract a few nay-sayers with this post but I could care less about it. If this post makes at least 1 person aware, it accomplished the goal.

Yea bridges freeze over as well as swamps, marsh lands, rivers, ect once a flash freeze occurs and all the dew, fog rises and moves over and freezes over the road since the water sources are still warmer than the Temps outside in the fall/early winter. A lot of those marsh lands and swamps are out-of-sight and you'd never know they are there.

Like I said... A lot of people regard themselves as a more aware, skilled, or talented driver than others. By saying you can drive a RWD muscle car through all the winter elements as long as you're "careful" just furthers the point that people are far too comfortable in the elements. If Chevy guys don't drive their corvettes when the forecast calls for 2 inches.... Than why would you take your Mustang out?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

testorossa1989

Established Member
I've done very minimal driving in snow in my life thankfully. I was up in Big Bear winter before last and I remember sliding into a bank. Thankfully it was parking lot speed so nothing was damaged. This was in my truck in 4wd.
I wish the nay-sayers would read this and take from it that "If it could happen to a 4x4, it's definitely more risky for my rwd muscle car" but like any hurricane, you'll always have those people who've seen it all and think they can ride it out.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Warm summer day when it's nice out: Cobra.
Cold, snowy, crappy day with snow covered roads: Crew Cab 4WD Cummins diesel gets the most every time!

Great post O.P. Nice to see strangers having concern for people they don't even know. And you're a New Yorker at that!

Just kidding on the last part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

testorossa1989

Established Member
Warm summer day when it's nice out: Cobra.
Cold, snowy, crappy day with snow covered roads: Crew Cab 4WD Cummins diesel gets the most every time!

Great post O.P. Nice to see strangers having concern for people they don't even know. And you're a New Yorker at that!

Just kidding on the last part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Healthcare student, I gotta care but I actually laughed, I know exactly where ya coming from. Yessir Crew cab time for sure! Time to wake the neighbors with early morning starts.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Thoughtful post. Thank you. I agree. If possible, get a Fwd or 4x4 daily. Its just one less risk factor in a stack of risk factors during the winter months.

Salmon_J4.6

I completely agree with this thread. I crashed my Cobra last September. While it wasn't in the winter and I was the only car involved, and the car was able to be saved (it's being repainted and rebuilt as we speak, thank God), your car is not a machine to be tested. Don't go crazy and test the limits of it, no matter how well you think you know the car. There's a time and a place to go fast boys. Be safe on the roads

Users who are viewing this thread