For Nerds' eyes only: I bought two games today for my Xbox.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Well,
I traded in some boring games I had in for Soul Caliber 2 and FrontLine (the WWII based game). The army game is really, really good and makes me rather proud of my country. My late great uncle Bill was on the same beach that is at the beginning of the game, the beginning of D Day). It is quite realistic from character animations to effects, sounds, and it has a nice classical-style background music that keeps the intensity flowing. Soul Caliber 2 is OK. It lacks depth and the storyline is rather blurry and uninteresting. If I could go back, I'd probably just buy a football game or another basketball game :shrug:

Just wanted to let everyone know in case you have an Xbox, or your kids do :thumbsup:

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Originally posted by 97ws6
MOH is a great game. Had it for PS2, after I beat it, it left me looking for more. Cant wait for the next one....

I agree ! Medal of Honor was a great game ! Spearhead was cool too but too short.. I just d/l this game from Happy Puppy and I love it ! Haven't bought a game in prolly a year but gonna buy this one for the winter days !

http://www.callofduty.com/ The game demo was unbeliavable ! Haven't gotten into a game since hitman 2 ! Last couple of games I bought just went right back on the shelf after a day ! Operation: Flashpoint and No One Lives Forever 2 !

Wild Bill

Established Member
MOH is very good. Soul Calibur 2 is awesome! The graphics are astounding as is the depth.I bought Virtua fighter 4 evolution for $20 and let me tell you,it might be deep but it is not nearly as fun to play.Also the graphics look good untill you play Soul Calibur.You want an awesome game try Star Wars KOTR. It takes a little while to get into,but once you do you are hooked.Phantasy star online is awesome too.

nj7703

Established Member
I'm hooked on Ghost Recon, Island Thunder. I played that and ESPN Football all weekend. i have about 17 games for the XBOX, but i mostly play online these days. I still play Halo when i need to work off some stress :thumbsup:

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Cmon-
What about SOCOM. I played that game 24x7 for like 4 months. Now I am just waiting for SOCOM2 due out in OCt. Already reserved!!!

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Wilson & Co
Cmon-
What about SOCOM. I played that game 24x7 for like 4 months. Now I am just waiting for SOCOM2 due out in OCt. Already reserved!!!

Ive never played SOCOM, but i hear it is amazing! I have a friend who is addicted to it, tells me if i like Ghost Recon, i should love SOCOM, i may have to check it out. My only beef with the PS2 games i have played online is the servers are iffy, but maybe SOCOM is different i have heard no real complaints about their connectivity.

As far as NON-Realistic WWII game, i love Wolfenstein. Nothing like killing Nazi's and Zombies in 1 game.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
Is Hitman 1 or 2 fun? I think they just came out w/ another one. I think I saw it at the store.

Yes I loved it ! ! ! ! :) Hitman 2 is an excellent game ! :thumbsup:

I agree Socom online with DSL I thought sucked ! Ity was choppy and kinda hard to play ! I played it right when it was released though ! That's why i';m thinking of gettign the xbox for some online football !

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
i';m thinking of gettign the xbox for some online football !

Hook it up, i am always looking to lay the smack down in ESPN Football :beer:

SNK BITN

Established Member
I'm waiting for streets of LA to come out, they're saying its way better than GTA!! Thats gonna be hard to beat.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yes I loved it ! ! ! ! :) Hitman 2 is an excellent game ! :thumbsup:

I agree Socom online with DSL I thought sucked ! Ity was choppy and kinda hard to play ! I played it right when it was released though ! That's why i';m thinking of gettign the xbox for some online football !

I'm playing Madden 04 online with PS2 and DSL, and it's flawless. Doesn't lag at all. Getting ready for the big Madden Challenge tournaments.

As far as new games... two words for ya: Halo 2. Still waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
I bought Splinter Cell today. It's very, very good so far, but rather hard, but oh well. :)

They key to Splinter Cell is stealth. Go for head shots, and make sure you dispose of all bodies.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
I agree ! Medal of Honor was a great game ! Spearhead was cool too but too short.. I just d/l this game from Happy Puppy and I love it ! Haven't bought a game in prolly a year but gonna buy this one for the winter days !

http://www.callofduty.com/ The game demo was unbeliavable ! Haven't gotten into a game since hitman 2 ! Last couple of games I bought just went right back on the shelf after a day ! Operation: Flashpoint and No One Lives Forever 2 !

I own both medal of honor:allied assult and spearhead for the pc. If you like the demo, then you will love the full game and the spearhead add-on. They are both action packed and alot of fun to play(plus, they are historically realistic).

Users who are viewing this thread