For N/A bolt-ons is there any reason to pick a plug besides TR55IX?

YELOSNK

Established Member
Is there any performance reason to pick a different plug than the TR55IX for an N/A car with just a JLT and catless exhaust? I know coppers like the regular TR55 and autolite 764 are cheaper, but the price difference isn't a concern for me, so just interested in performance differences.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if they work for you and you aren't having misfires or something I don't see where there would be anything to gain in switching

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My 03 didn't like the iX plugs at all, I went back to a standard TR6. It would break up and misfire after about 500 miles on them. Yes, they were gapped right.

YELOSNK

Established Member
if they work for you and you aren't having misfires or something I don't see where there would be anything to gain in switching

Currently have fairly fresh motorcraft plats in. I was going to pull and check the plugs while replacing the boots and springs and figured I'd see if there's a different plug I should switch to.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If it ain't broke.....

I'm sure if you were looking for every tenth of a horsepower a plug would make a difference. But I'd just stick with what's working for you.

fldime

Established Member
Didn’t know you could replace the boots and springs. New to Fords and my 01 Cobra. Mine are wore out, will look for them

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Didn’t know you could replace the boots and springs. New to Fords and my 01 Cobra. Mine are wore out, will look for them
There used to be an "upgrade" to the springs. I don't know if it's still around. I only knew one guy that ever ran it.

Users who are viewing this thread