For being 100% Irish I really do have some bad luck.

LS WUT

Established Member
Morning gentleman,

So as the title states. I’ve got some fantastic luck, particularly with cars It seems. So I’m at home yesterday, first day off in I don’t even remember how long. I made me some tasty mozzarella sticks, about to enjoy a movie and relax with my doggo’s. Get a text from my sister saying she got rear ended. At first I was like ahh man, that’s crappy. If she can text that means she’s gotta be okay enough to send a text message. So I called her and asked if she was okay, then I remember the bomb shell. Guess what she’s driving? Yuuup, you guessed it. My black cobra coupe. Well shit.. so I ask where she is, and have her send me the location. I have to go obviously because it’s my car, and I have the insurance on the car. I get there, the guy who rear ended her claims he didn’t hit her that hard, I must have already had damage to the back of my car, etc. I said look, cops are here already. To which those lovely professionals say, meh. Not our part of town. You’re in city, not county. We shall send someone else. I’m like okay I guess. Hour goes by, my sister calls non emergency. They say, black mustang? Yeah, don’t have anyone to dispatch that to. We will send someone enroute to you soon. Hour and a half goes by. I see the new cop showing up. Nice guy. Grabs our information, and such. Then I overhear him saying I need valid insurance information. My heart just sinks, I’m like you can’t be serious right now. Officer comes back and asks me how I’d like to proceed. He’s got to fill out a report anyway, but if I’d like to go thru insurance he will grab me all of this. I said to be honest depending on how extensive this is I’d like to avoid having an accident on the carfax if it’s just bumper damage. Anyways, he tells me to talk with the guy who hit her. I do, and he keeps his story of I didn’t do this much damage. So I said let’s take a walk and see what damage he’s claiming I had before. So I walk over, his front end clip is broken, his Nissan emblem is broken off, the grill plates are broken. There is an exact circle imprinted in my bumper where the Nissan emblem was. Needless to say he crushed my bumper crash absorber bumper is just moving freely when you push the middle of it, the top side of it is wavy. Nevertheless I said look at the minimum you owe me a bumper and such. He says he wants to go thru insurance. I say okay, as you wish. At this point I’ll just take this car to the most expansive place for paint and such since he wants to be an ass. Officer comes back, cites him for negligence and rear ending her. Guy who hit her says he wants to exchange numbers to get this resolved. I said sure give me yours. This clown gives me a fake number and tries to walk away. I call it immediately. I’m not an idiot, this isn’t my first rodeo. I call him out on it. He gives me the real one now. So I try and relax, I follow my sister home and make sure she’s okay. Car seems to be okay, no strange noises and such. I call progressive and speak with someone on the best avenue to take care of this. Funny part he has progressive too. Anyways, she tells me there Is 3 ways to handle this. 1. I can make a claim straight to his carrier and have them do it. 2. Make a claim on mine, they’ll seek reimbursement for the claim, etc. 3. I can handle it without insurance adjusters. I said he wants to do insurance hence my call. She proceeds to tell me since florida is a no fault state, even though I’m not at fault my rates could go up solely on the fact that If his insurance isn’t good enough, and doesn’t cover all of it. They will have to pay for the rest, and my rates will go up. At this point I’m over it, I hang up and try and think it over. Looking for some insight on how to proceed with this one, roll the dice and make the claim get the car fixed and if insurance goes up it goes up? Or do I seek legal advice and go for the guys insurance caps? Anyways, sorry for the long rant. Stay safe out there gentleman. Thanks In advance.

LS WUT

Established Member
2DA47520-EA69-4FA8-BDFE-73365BDF5FE2.jpeg

Attachments

• C8CBFE26-E13D-4B97-A099-2FADD7697B8C.jpeg
    C8CBFE26-E13D-4B97-A099-2FADD7697B8C.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 8EBBB736-FA9F-404F-9C6D-A5460BF08B5A.jpeg
    8EBBB736-FA9F-404F-9C6D-A5460BF08B5A.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 109

MG0h3

Established Member
Can’t really get a handle on the damage from the pics but I’m sure it’s a replacement and paint like you said.

I’d get quotes, see what his portion will cover, see if he’ll cover the rest.

Or can’t you do the deal where you get a check for the quote and use whoever you want?

Luckily I’ve never had to go through this on any vehicle.

Maybe you could barter with him and see if he’ll just give you the deductible plus a touch extra and argue it’ll keep your rates down?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You must have talked to a complete moron at Progressive, as I have been through this exact situation and it was a non-issue whatsoever. First, there's no way he doesn't have enough coverage to cover that very minor accident, so that's not a worry in the least, unless Terminator bumpers are north of $100,000 now or your sister needs some major medical attention (though injury and property damage are generally separate). Second, when I called Progressive when this happened to me, there wasn't even a question as to whose policy was going to cover it, no hassle, nothing. I was instructed to get the app, take some pictures, and I had a check in my mailbox a few days later. Maybe it's different in a no-fault State?

The only crappy thing here is now the car will have an accident on its Carfax.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Sucks for sure, I would pull the bumper cover off and have a good look at what is bent behind it, have a good look at both quarters, they can get pushed up and wrinkled. That lots of pics of what you find.

LS WUT

Established Member
Can’t really get a handle on the damage from the pics but I’m sure it’s a replacement and paint like you said.

I’d get quotes, see what his portion will cover, see if he’ll cover the rest.

Or can’t you do the deal where you get a check for the quote and use whoever you want?

Luckily I’ve never had to go through this on any vehicle.

Maybe you could barter with him and see if he’ll just give you the deductible plus a touch extra and argue it’ll keep your rates down?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Very hard to see the damage. Sorry florida has no bars when it comes to raining. That was the photos she sent me after she got hit. I’ll take some better photos of it when I get a chance to look more at it. I’d like to say I’d barter with him. However unsure how well I can trust him since he gave me a false number off the rip. However time will tell.

LS WUT

Established Member
Sucks for sure, I would pull the bumper cover off and have a good look at what is bent behind it, have a good look at both quarters, they can get pushed up and wrinkled. That lots of pics of what you find.
That will indeed be the plan. I’ll call them today and talk to them again, and I’ll have him come by when I take the bumper off.

LS WUT

Established Member
You must have talked to a complete moron at Progressive, as I have been through this exact situation and it was a non-issue whatsoever. First, there's no way he doesn't have enough coverage to cover that very minor accident, so that's not a worry in the least, unless Terminator bumpers are north of $100,000 now or your sister needs some major medical attention (though injury and property damage are generally separate). Second, when I called Progressive when this happened to me, there wasn't even a question as to whose policy was going to cover it, no hassle, nothing. I was instructed to get the app, take some pictures, and I had a check in my mailbox a few days later. Maybe it's different in a no-fault State?

The only crappy thing here is now the car will have an accident on its Carfax.
I was hoping that was the case. I’m unsure if it’s based on the No fault state aspect. Also I’m not one to sue anyone. It was an accident, however I wonder if I can seek the loss of value to the car in some sort of way? Now that it will have an accident on it? I don’t necessarily plan to sell the car. However things happen sometimes. I’ll be documenting the damage, it’s not extensive as it seems. Mostly a rear bumper. So id like to document it all incase the car does ever come up for sale, I can show it was minor, and not a 100mph rear ended collision.

nitrojunk

Established Member
do insurances pay for the devaluation of the vehicle now that it has an accident on carfax? I thought i read somewhere where they have to also pay for that ?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
My advise: Go through your insurance and let them figure it all out. Guy has already shown he's an ass and trying to get out of it. If you decide to skip insurance I'll be SHOCKED if he comes through with any money.

Let insurance handle it. Period. Do not take any calls or communication from the guy and refer him to your insurance.

Trust me, it will save you a lot of pain in the long run. If your state allows for devaluation then also go for it.

Good luck!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
My advise: Go through your insurance and let them figure it all out. Guy has already shown he's an ass and trying to get out of it. If you decide to skip insurance I'll be SHOCKED if he comes through with any money.

Let insurance handle it. Period. Do not take any calls or communication from the guy and refer him to your insurance.

Trust me, it will save you a lot of pain in the long run. If your state allows for devaluation then also go for it.

Good luck!

this. There's no way his policy won't cover that small of damage. The guy will screw you at the first opportunity. Let the insurance handle it. If you both have progressive it's not like they can't look at his policy ffs - sounds like a standard disclaimer they have to make to cover their ass imho

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I was hoping that was the case. I’m unsure if it’s based on the No fault state aspect. Also I’m not one to sue anyone. It was an accident, however I wonder if I can seek the loss of value to the car in some sort of way? Now that it will have an accident on it? I don’t necessarily plan to sell the car. However things happen sometimes. I’ll be documenting the damage, it’s not extensive as it seems. Mostly a rear bumper. So id like to document it all incase the car does ever come up for sale, I can show it was minor, and not a 100mph rear ended collision.

i'm irish too and the same thing happened to me!

was on my 1 owner, 1 of 72 comp orange vert tho. lol.

sucks!!

LS WUT

Established Member
i'm irish too and the same thing happened to me!

was on my 1 owner, 1 of 72 comp orange vert tho. lol.

sucks!!
I think for the fact the guy who not only hit my sister, he hit my pride and joy. No apologies, nothing. Complete dirt bag. I damn sure don’t want an accident branded on the title over something so small. Will be hard to explain in the unlikely event it goes down the road that it was minor. Best part is I wasn’t even driving it. Florida has truly become a wasteland of idiotic drivers, and it’s scary to think I drive my personal vehicles for work purposes. Yeehaw I guess. This is why my GT500, and white coupe stay there ass parked. Sorry to hear about the comp even reading that made my stomach churn.

LS WUT

Established Member
Sucks to see. Luckily its not much damage at all. Glad everyone is ok.

Dont count on anything from that asshat outside of insurance.
Thank you sir, and yes. I will not depend on anyone to do the right things these days. Lawyers aren’t around because nobody needed them.

LS WUT

Established Member
this. There's no way his policy won't cover that small of damage. The guy will screw you at the first opportunity. Let the insurance handle it. If you both have progressive it's not like they can't look at his policy ffs - sounds like a standard disclaimer they have to make to cover their ass imho
I believe you’re correct, just a script they have to go off of in order to protect their ass. I’ll be filing the claim here shortly.

LS WUT

Established Member

Good luck!
Thank you for the advice sir. Much obliged. I think I’ll take that road. Fingers crossed they’ll recognize the devaluation of it. Cheers to hoping boys.

Users who are viewing this thread