Folding Mirrors

Jpatte

Established Member
After owning the Cobra for a month, my son and I just noticed that the driver side mirror is from a GT model and the passenger side is from a Cobra model. The dealer said that both mirrors should be the type that fold backwards into the window for less wind drag. "drag racing mode" Anybody else have different mirrors? Of coarse the dealer said that they will fix it.

Tanks

John Patterson
Mineral Gray

lethal

Established Member
Don't fret too much. Remember the Cobras run down the same line as all the other stangs. Their is a guy on each side of the car (not the same guy) so some mistakes are bound to be made. Have no fear, they will make it right and probably give you a free oil change =)

Jpatte

Established Member
Mirrora

Have no fear, they will make it right and probably give you a free oil change =)

A free oil change sounds good.\\

John Patterson
2003 Cobra
Mineral Grey

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
I think it's the same for the '03, the Cobra is the only one that gets the folding mirrors.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Not a flame, just a question. Didn't you notice one mirror was painted to match the body and one was black plastic?

Black Cobra

Established Member
I have a similar situation, except it pertains to the windshield wipers. Driver side is the "high speed" version and the passenger side is the ordinary one.

Jpatte

Established Member
The GT mirror is black plastic and does NOT fold in. From inside of the car the mirrors almost look the same, thats why I never noticed them being different.

John Patterson
2003 Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread