Fog lights in the grill, like 'em?

Do you like or dislike foglights in the grill?

• Total voters

5.0Trunk

Established Member
Not a fan of the fogs, I went with a Roush Grill.

Before:
img2800p.jpg

After:
new1s.jpg

Ditty

Established Member
I love the fogs....HATE the chrome running horse it the middle. Going with the grill that moves the fogs to the center. MUCH cleaner in my opinion....and I'm not stuck w/ parts that I can't use or buttons in the car that do nothing. That's just plain annoying.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
You could take them off and mount them on a Jeep or truck for off road use and they would be perfect. With that being said, I dont think they "fit" on a mustang or any muscle car for that matter.

Hard to say they don't fit on a Mustang when they were there back at the start.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
shadowstang03gt,

Your car looks sweet! I have a sterling gray too, so I know what I need to do once I get tired of the front side of the car lol

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I love the fogs....HATE the chrome running horse it the middle. Going with the grill that moves the fogs to the center. MUCH cleaner in my opinion....and I'm not stuck w/ parts that I can't use or buttons in the car that do nothing. That's just plain annoying.

x2! I really wanted to make a custom grill that removes the horse and replaces it with more honeycomb but I just don't see it possible considering the process. I will be painting mine black until I can afford the saleen grill and cs lower valence.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
shadowstang03gt,

Your car looks sweet! I have a sterling gray too, so I know what I need to do once I get tired of the front side of the car lol

It was easy as heck to do. The bumper comes off so easy. I had my gf help me carry it lol. Did the switch in the living room. I was so worried about scratching it lol

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
x2! I really wanted to make a custom grill that removes the horse and replaces it with more honeycomb but I just don't see it possible considering the process. I will be painting mine black until I can afford the saleen grill and cs lower valence.

Yeah the SALEEN grille probably cost $20 to make. Everything for these cars is a rip off. Look at axle backs. They cost more that cat backs for older mustangs.

hand-filer

Established Member
The grill mounted fog lights are excellent. I have owned a couple of cars that had the fog lights mounted low in the valence. They were pretty much useless.
This is one instance where I choose function over form.

Bud

Established Member
The fogs are oogly. I love the look of the v6 front end much better. If I wasn't dumping money in performance parts the grill would be the first thing to go on my car. They just don't fit the styling of the front end, they stand out like a sore thumb.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I didn't like them at first, but now that I have the Roush, I kind of think the GT's look cool with the lights in the grill.

chuckstang

Established Member
Im going to go with the Boss 302 grille.

Its a nice compromise.

You do get a lot of extra light with these fogs so removing them worries me for night driving

Lone Star

Established Member
I personally like the look and benefit of having the additional lights at night, my night vision is pretty poor so they help a lot. I will probably Black out the grill pony like I did on my last mustang

IMG00383-20110501-1515.jpg

chuckstang

Established Member
Anyone know how hardit would be to cut open the boss grille so that way your factory fogs woukd shine through? Or not worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread