Fog light delete on a Terminator?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Hopefully I don't get flamed too much for this, but anyone done this and made the holes functional for something else?

In the last year, I've gone through 5 fog lights (all broken or cracked) for various reasons. Needless to say, while its not breaking the bank, its added up.

Another issue that I've noticed is that even with the same temperature HID's, the fogs and headlights don't match. Yes, I've seen the thread and I know you can get it pretty close with different temperature headlights, its still somewhat obnoxious.

My thought was to put an oil cooler behind the drivers side one and I have no idea for the passenger, but make them functional.

Any thoughts? Anybody done something similar?

Here's a picture. If I remember correctly on the M3 the driver's side feeds cool air into the air box along with the drivers side vent and the passenger side has the oil cooler right behind it.

A80C5E41-3AEC-4A30-A75F-4C0DFC230349-384-0000001BB08ABA13.jpg

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I think that it wouldn't be to hard to delete them. Just remove the foglights from the bezels and unplug the foglight wires and zip tie them up and out of the way. Then you can use what ever material you want to for an intake kit such as a dryer's air vent tubing and run it up into the fender well, screen for it would be a good idea as well. And for the other side, just make a hanger from the driver side metal bumper support for an oil cooler radiator.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I think that it wouldn't be to hard to delete them. Just remove the foglights from the bezels and unplug the foglight wires and zip tie them up and out of the way. Then you can use what ever material you want to for an intake kit such as a dryer's air vent tubing and run it up into the fender well, screen for it would be a good idea as well. And for the other side, just make a hanger from the driver side metal bumper support for an oil cooler radiator.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. I have my brake cooling ducts already hooked up, so they are partially functional. Just not sure how much the next owner is going to like not having fog lights. :bash:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The open hole next to the foglights are functional already, I'm sure you know that already. I believe the design is to help air flow towards the brakes. I think the foglights look sweet.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
The open hole next to the foglights are functional already, I'm sure you know that already. I believe the design is to help air flow towards the brakes. I think the foglights look sweet.

I made it a little more direct ;)
upebu8ah.jpg

e3y4y5y4.jpg

I think my frustration is that I've been getting under this car every other month to fix something on the fog lights. I've broken 5 fog light housings, had a set of HID fogs get ripped out and now I can't get the headlights and fog lights to match! Not a huge difference but a noticeable.

Just kind of a stupid thing to have to keep dealing with. I've owned the car slightly longer than a year

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That looks sweet! What do you mainly use the car for and how many miles have you put on it? I have yet to touch anything that has to do with the fog lights.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Saw a cobra at the mustang rally in sturgis that was twin turbo and had the filter for each turbo in thefog lights. Just a thought.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
That looks sweet! What do you mainly use the car for and how many miles have you put on it? I have yet to touch anything that has to do with the fog lights.

Thanks! Car is a DD and I put just under 14k on it in this last year. The interesting part is that this is my second cobra and on the last one that I had for four years I never touched the fog lights. I just figure that this one is cursed :rolling: But so far between the ballast that was ripped out (no idea how), the new bulb and the five fog lights I'm just shy of $300 :nonono: I'm going to leave these ones in until I break them, but then they are coming out! Probably going to do what I mentioned above. Run another hose up to the intake and mount an external oil cooler behind the other one. We shall see

Saw a cobra at the mustang rally in sturgis that was twin turbo and had the filter for each turbo in thefog lights. Just a thought.

HA! If only! I would LOVE to do something like that.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
How are you securing the ballasts? I've had my HIDs in for a ear on this car without issues. If your bulb is just catching rocks and breaking that's un preventable but getting ballasts ripped out it.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
How are you securing the ballasts? I've had my HIDs in for a ear on this car without issues. If your bulb is just catching rocks and breaking that's un preventable but getting ballasts ripped out it.

I had it double side taped on my bumper support. It getting ripped out was a fluke I think. The fog lights getting cracked is what's more annoying to me

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
The air ducting work looks good... That should cool down the brakes at higher speeds. I had my ballast tie strapped to the bumper support on my car.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I had it double side taped on my bumper support. It getting ripped out was a fluke I think. The fog lights getting cracked is what's more annoying to me

I use double sided tape and zip ties as well. They make metal zip tipes which I think would be the best option.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I deleted my fog lights. I'll post some pics later today. The previous owner had installed a set of PIAA fog lights in the brake cooling openings, thus having two sets of fog lights. The look was not to my liking but the light emitted by the PIAAs is outstanding. It is a yellow light, I know that's not to everyone on this boards liking but I dig it.

My JLT intake has the filter down in the fender. With the fog lights deleted I think it adds to the cold air effect of this intake. I've considered doing a similar setup to what you have going on with the brake cooling ducts but have the passenger side go directly to the filter. I would put one on the driver's side just for consistency, but it would be a faux set-up.

One thing I do know is that deleting the fog lights leaves a couple big freaking holes up front, not the best look... This is one of my winter projects.

b_dike

Established Member
Still have my fog lights but ran ducting to the alternator on the drivers side. Just a thought since you already have brake ducts and an oil cooler rad sounds like overkill to me. Plus heat build up around the alternator seems to be a major issue on these cars.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I deleted my fog lights. I'll post some pics later today. The previous owner had installed a set of PIAA fog lights in the brake cooling openings, thus having two sets of fog lights. The look was not to my liking but the light emitted by the PIAAs is outstanding. It is a yellow light, I know that's not to everyone on this boards liking but I dig it.

My JLT intake has the filter down in the fender. With the fog lights deleted I think it adds to the cold air effect of this intake. I've considered doing a similar setup to what you have going on with the brake cooling ducts but have the passenger side go directly to the filter. I would put one on the driver's side just for consistency, but it would be a faux set-up.

One thing I do know is that deleting the fog lights leaves a couple big freaking holes up front, not the best look... This is one of my winter projects.

Please post pics! I was going to do some sort of mesh to hide the holes or make them less see through. I already have screw holes in the back it would be an easy install

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Still have my fog lights but ran ducting to the alternator on the drivers side. Just a thought since you already have brake ducts and an oil cooler rad sounds like overkill to me. Plus heat build up around the alternator seems to be a major issue on these cars.

Why overkill on the oil cooler? I've always heard engine temp as being an issue and and oil cooler would help, although not solve, a hot motor

b_dike

Established Member
Why overkill on the oil cooler? I've always heard engine temp as being an issue and and oil cooler would help, although not solve, a hot motor

True but I've also heard that the oil coolers on our cars are useless except for heating up the coolant in cold temps. I've always been under the impression that they do next to nothing cooling wise... though I'm no expert, just what I've heard in past threads.

Users who are viewing this thread