Focus ST Seats in a Mustang?

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Does anyone know if this is possible? I was wondering if the seat rails would be compatible and/or if the airbag connectors are the same etc.

It would be amazing if these could just drop right in or be made to work with ease.

Any ideas/insight welcome!

D.T.R

Established Member
While i like your idea, I'd think that it might be easier and yet cheaper to just go with the recaros ? I'm sure those ST recaros are a pretty penny as well.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a brand new original SVTF Euro seats that I've been planning on installing in my L for years, but it's going to require custom brackets. You can probably make them fit, but it's going to take some work. I'm not sure how the airbags will react in a different vehicle. The may no deploy correctly due to interference.

flS/R

Established Member
if you could score a set of ST seats for a good price, it should just be a matter of buying the mustang brackets from recaro. X2 on being curious about the airbag plug and its compatibility

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Thanks all.

Dave - yea I know.. I've been wondering about this for a while forgot to mention it to you the other day.

I will have to try to find out if they airbags would work but I have a feeling they might not

flS/R

Established Member
airbags are airbags, it would mostly be being able to make an adapter to use with the mustang wiring if they don't already match. If that can be done, then it would be win and add to the list of potential seat upgrades to do in the mustang

halfscale2130

Established Member
airbags are airbags, it would mostly be being able to make an adapter to use with the mustang wiring if they don't already match. If that can be done, then it would be win and add to the list of potential seat upgrades to do in the mustang

That would be key. I highly doubt they would match considering the fact that for 2012 they switched the connector for the seat airbags from the 2011 between those years. So I doubt that they would be the same from the focus st to a mustang.

MOTORCITYBADBOY

Established Member
I was looking at the Focus ST Recaros as well. The modified GT seats in my Roush are horrible, especially when cornering. I will have to find a Focus ST at a dealer and try out the seats. There's a set on Ebay and they look really nice...

Users who are viewing this thread