Focus RS muffler delete

Never_Enough

Established Member
Too loud for me. I must be getting old. I had 3" exhaust w/no muffler on my old MS6. I put a muffler on this time.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
It sounds like it growling... I think it sounds cool.
But how is the drone on the highway?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Love the car and the turbo whistle but I'm not a fan of the exhaust pop. I prefer a smoother exhaust note. For me something between stock and now would be better.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It sounds like it growling... I think it sounds cool.
But how is the drone on the highway?
Yeah it drones a little, but it doesn't bother me since I don't drive the RS every day but I'm sure if it was my daily driver it would start to drive me crazy lol.

17FocusRS

So I felt my RS was too quite and all the exhaust systems I like are almost 1000 dollars. So I decided A muffler delete would be a cheap way to make her a little louder, I know some people don't like the way it sounds but I love it. Anyway let me know what you guys think and any other RS guys on the page post up your aftermarket exhaust system, I would like to hear it.
32246611593_f4d4a0fd78_c.jpg

32216479074_264ae94b81_c.jpg

So I'm thinking of doing this. Anything you would have done different or any advice for me???

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I went with a Scorpion catless downpipe and ETS rear exhaust without mufflers. Sounds amazing!

Cold start-up:

Short drive:

Nighttime flames!

Note: If you don't want the "fake" RS exhaust pops you can have your tuner take it out of the tune. There's one piece of code that causes it. I had my tuner add more pops. Unfortunately, you can't eliminate the 1-2 pops from the factory tune without flashing the ECU.

72SBC

Established Member
Straight up Neon sound. I love the RS but I don't think I can hang with the sound.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So I'm thinking of doing this. Anything you would have done different or any advice for me???
I would maybe put a resonator somewhere in the middle of the exhaust but other than that no and you can't beat the price.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Like the cars.
Like the whistle.
Couldn't do that sound in any of the videos posted.

I'd leave it stock and beat it around town.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
sounds like it has promise. Curious of how it sounds under load, and if it is screaming demon as your shifting through every gear.

Users who are viewing this thread