focus long block

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I've been looking at these for a daily driver lately. I've found a few high mileage cars at great prices.
what is the difference between a regular ztec engine and the svt version
I know the intake and exhaust is different but what about the lower assembly. I cant seem to find info on the lower. is any of it forged? could you just swap a low mileage ztec from another focus? If so, what years will swap out besides the 02-04?

BBCOBRA

Established Member
ok, I just found an article explaining the different head design, larger valves, variable timing on the intake cam, cast pistons...

so I know they are definatley different. Good to know.

Now, If I need to rebuild one in the future how much does it typically take to rebuild one of these. Just a standard rebuild, not forged. I'm not looking to add boost, just drive it.

thanks for any help.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Depends on what you want to do really, in N/A form with regular maintenance these things last virtually forever or at least well past 200k without a rebuild.

I sell very few internal engine parts for these cars simply because of that.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
ok, that's good to know. I mainly am interested in getting one for a daily driver and I do drive alot of miles. My civic currently has 264K on it and it's getting time to replace it. I've always liked these svt focus's and now they are alot more affordable I may try to find one to my liking.
I know the clutch is alot more pricey to replace on these than my civic but if not beat on they should also last a good while too I think. I know I've seen several mention going past 150k on the stock clutch. I don't plan to race or do alot of mods to one. I have the cobra for that. I think having one as a daily driver will be fun and somewhat practicle at the same time. I really like my civic hatchback so a hatch is a definate in my search. The svt focus fits the bill for what I'm looking for except I'll be losing the mpg's of the civic. But that's ok. Its a trade off.

Users who are viewing this thread