Foam Cannons worth it?

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Are foam cannons worth the price/hassle? I'm waiting on my 22 F250 to someday make it in lol, I wanted to take a little better care of the vehicle, I won't horrify my old washing ways but have a few things from Adam's but was curious if I should buy one of these or not.

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
They help with lubrication, but they also make it fun to wash. I bought one off Amazon. A fraction of the price of the “nice” ones and, if you like it, maybe it’ll justify spending the money for you.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah don’t buy the cannon from Adam’s. It is more than likely the same one found on Amazon but with their sticker and a 400% markup.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
I've moved on from them. It became another step, and added the pressure washer. I am back to just using the two bucket method and garden hose.
I was also seeing it as an extra step that might be nice at first but get tiring after a while, already had the power washer though.

Yeah don’t buy the cannon from Adam’s. It is more than likely the same one found on Amazon but with their sticker and a 400% markup.
Thanks for the heads up that sadie!

Are Adam's products over priced for what they are? I've seen NastyGT500 use a few Adam's but more McKee's stuff, but I also know a lot is based on person preference.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I was also seeing it as an extra step that might be nice at first but get tiring after a while, already had the power washer though.

Thanks for the heads up that sadie!

Are Adam's products over priced for what they are? I've seen NastyGT500 use a few Adam's but more McKee's stuff, but I also know a lot is based on person preference.
I like their chemical products. But some of the stuff they offer is just branded items you can find elsewhere for much cheaper. I can’t recall exactly but I bought a canon from Amazon for $15-$20, meanwhile the one from Adam’s that looked exactly the same was $80 IIRC.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've moved on from them. It became another step, and added the pressure washer. I am back to just using the two bucket method and garden hose.
That's been my only wash method, Jeff. Simple, and it works. The last thing I would want to add are more steps to what should be a simple, thorough wash.
1. Rinse car.
2. Wash car in sections (top and windows), front, right side, left side, rear, wheels, washing sponge in water after each section.
3. Rinse car in sections.
4. Dry with portable, battery powered blower.
5. Towel dry touch up, including door jams and interior.
6. Pop trunk and dry sills.
7. Pop hood and dry engine bay thoroughly.
8. DONE! Total time approximately 60 minutes.

P.S. - My ceramic coat is over two years old and beads water like it did the day I got it back from the ceramic coating job when the car was a month old. My washing routine has been important.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
They're ok, but really depends on your pressure washer too. Really takes a gas washer to get good foam action. I pretty much don't use mine anymore, just use the soap mixer on the pressure washer if I'm breaking it out, otherwise two bucket approach.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I use one with out a pressure washer. Use only one bucket with it, only to rinse the mit. It gets the soap on the vehicle. Use it a lot.

96dreamer

Established Member
Like mentioned before even if they don't help I think they make it more fun. Plus the neighbors will think you're some sort of pro detailer lol. I use a pressure washer pretty much every time I wash so it's not much more work to toss the foam cannon on. I would recommend getting this one if you decide to pull the trigger,
The larger base keeps it from tipping over which can easily crack the tall skinny ones, I personally had that happen. The larger mouth is also nicer for adding whatever product you go with.

C0bra99

Established Member
Orifice size plays a big difference and the volume of foam. I changed it to a smaller diameter and it creates more foam

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Pressure washer only
the garden hose option is a waste of money

I have been told that they cause you to miss spots because you have too much soap?

If you wash with your eyes open, you should have no problem.
j/k....you'll still have to wash with a bucket and mit. And than wipe the car down afterward? No problem.

I actually soap the entire car, work one side, than resoap the next area, etc until complete.

Rinse the car, and resoap the whole car one last time, rinse and get the leaf blower. This results in no missed areas AND no water spots.

I'm cheap. Works great on pressure washer for vehicle and house.

I had this exact one for over a year. Same thing as the big bad name brands, CG, ADAMS etc.....
I just broke mine last weekend. 100% my fault.

ENSURE ....that when you install it on your pressure washer you test it and pull the trigger to make sure that IT IS COMPLTLEY LOCKED INTO THE QD. Mine wasn't and it hit the ground and broke. If I had it pointed at my vehicle, yes, it would have damaged my car.

I wash @ 1800psi

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
I use my foam cannon from Amazon with my little electric pressure washer and it works great. I also have another that can be used with the normal hose.. also works fine but not AS foamy. I like using it with the little pressure washer.

DaveWertz

Established Member
I have the Adams one for the pressure washer and love it. Looking back I would have rather just got the one for the garden hose and saved a few bucks. I use it based on how "dirty" my car is. Not that its sealed and protected I use it only if the car is dusty from sitting. Right now since I live on a mountain dead in the woods I have TONS of pollen. So I just pull it out, use the foam cannon, then rinse and dry then I am done. If the car is out and some dickface puts finger prints all over it or bugs around this time of the year I will hand wash. All in all I do like it. I would personally just get the one that connects directly to the garden hose.

Users who are viewing this thread