Flywheel Question

VincodeY

Established Member
Ive had a SPEC 3 clutch on a resurfaced flywheel for about 25K miles. Maybe two track passes on it and its my DD so I drive it pretty gingerly. Yesterday, I get on the highway and as soon as i get into boost, it free revs. I get out of it, works fine. My question is, do you think the clutch is fine and I just need to replace the flywheel? It operates normally in every gear, as long as I keep my foot out of it. Thanks for the input.

VincodeY

Established Member
I did. Will have to test it out. But it seems to me that the adjuster is to fine tune the clutch engagement and wouldn't have an effect on the clutch once it's actually engaged.

VincodeY

Established Member
ok. adjusting the FWA didnt work...figured it wouldnt but hey, its free. Does my theory sound far fetched or what? It doesnt have enough abuse or miles for it to just "go out".

VincodeY

Established Member
Yea...I'd hate to get it all apart and need to replace everything. Thought I might get off cheaper but ok. I will just move to a full faced disk this time. On a note. Went wot and it held at first through second and third. let out and started again and it slipped. Ugh. Just odd it would fail so quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread