*Florida LEO*Went to school and paid ticket on time.......

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Yet some collection agency swears I owe them more money for the ticket. I paid the full amount that was stated on the ticket, and no additional fees were mentioned, at the clerk of courts like I was supposed to. Florida L.E.O.s what's the deal? :??:

ZChaos0026

Established Member
A collection agency is coming after you for not paying a ticket??? That's odd, because failure to pay a traffic fine will get your license suspended.

You mentioned taking Driver School. Is it a fee for the driver school that they are looking for or is it the ticket amount?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its the former, because I didn't think florida was THAT hard up for cash that they are hiring collection agencies to get their tickets paid for.

I would get the collection agency to send you a hard copy of the bill and get them to clarify what the bill is for. If it is for the ticket, I would take it to the clerk's office to find out what the problem is, with your proof of payment of the citation.

If it's for the school, then that's something you'll have to work out with them, especially if you paid them already, because that could be affecting your credit.

Just a side note, if the bill is for the ticket, then it is possible that your license is suspended. If that's the case, you'll need to go to court to get that fixed, which is handled at the clerk's office.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
A collection agency is coming after you for not paying a ticket??? That's odd, because failure to pay a traffic fine will get your license suspended.

You mentioned taking Driver School. Is it a fee for the driver school that they are looking for or is it the ticket amount?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its the former, because I didn't think florida was THAT hard up for cash that they are hiring collection agencies to get their tickets paid for.

I would get the collection agency to send you a hard copy of the bill and get them to clarify what the bill is for. If it is for the ticket, I would take it to the clerk's office to find out what the problem is, with your proof of payment of the citation.

If it's for the school, then that's something you'll have to work out with them, especially if you paid them already, because that could be affecting your credit.

Just a side note, if the bill is for the ticket, then it is possible that your license is suspended. If that's the case, you'll need to go to court to get that fixed, which is handled at the clerk's office.

I paid for the driving school at the driving school, and I also paid directly, in person at the clerk of courts, the fee that was stated on the ticket and presented them my driving school kudos so I wouldn't get the points.

All of this was done nowhere close to the deadline in which it needed to get done.

Should I take all of my receipts and the letter from the collection agency to the clerk of courts? If anything, they would be the ones to have screwed up.

Last edited:

ZChaos0026

Established Member
Going up to the clerk's office with your proof of payment is something you can do, but a phone call would save you a lot of waiting around.

1st, call the clerks office to find out the status of your ticket. 2nd, call the driving school to make sure youre paid up there. If both places are saying you are paid in full, then call the collection agency and tell them that, and have them send you a hard copy of what you owe, and to whom you owe it to. If there is a discrepancy, take that hard copy to the place you owe and find out what the deal is.

Just FYI, my traffic unit just told me that the state does apparantly hire a collection agency to collect unpaid traffic fines, but i've never heard of that.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Going up to the clerk's office with your proof of payment is something you can do, but a phone call would save you a lot of waiting around.

1st, call the clerks office to find out the status of your ticket. 2nd, call the driving school to make sure youre paid up there. If both places are saying you are paid in full, then call the collection agency and tell them that, and have them send you a hard copy of what you owe, and to whom you owe it to. If there is a discrepancy, take that hard copy to the place you owe and find out what the deal is.

Just FYI, my traffic unit just told me that the state does apparantly hire a collection agency to collect unpaid traffic fines, but i've never heard of that.

Yea, I waited all day at the clerk of courts and paid that ticket. You should have seen how many people were in the queue :eek:. The only way you can pay a ticket is with the full amount stated on the ticket right? Never heard of a partial payment lol. I'll do what you said for sure :beer: I have hard copies of all of my receipts and that driving school certificate. These jokers aren't getting a cent more from me since I did my part.:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread