Florida enacts law to restrict loud music in cars

BlackStang00

Established Member
Personally I don’t have a problem with this and in collier county I think it will be enforced. The sheriffs don’t **** around.
I understand it takes some of your “freedom” away but I don’t want to listen to democratic music at the stop lights when I’m trying to relax. That shit is plain awful.

Especially on places like 5th Ave where all the idiots blast music and haul ass up and down the street for an hour while you’re trying to eat.

Like others have said, laws like this have existed on the local level in Fla the last 20-30years. I'm guessing it's "new" because it's a state law now?

As I recall, it was ruled unconstitutional at one point so Leo’s couldn’t enforce it.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t know how many times a car playing loud music stops at a light next to me and it sounds like the car is going to vibrate apart.
I love the sound of distortion in the morning.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
I agree with this law except for the 25 foot part. Make it 50 feet. Why should I have to listen to your music of choice? If your ears are bleeding from how loud the music is, is it really better?

Get off my damn lawn!!!
In CA we have a 50 foot VC. It’s largely unenforced until you’re “that” guy.
Not turning it down around cops or becoming a be usable to everyone else.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
It’s just an excuse to pull people over.

They did it during the 80’s at the height of the crack epidemic. Dealers would hang their car phone receivers over their rear view mirrors so they came up with an “obstruction of view” law to hassle them.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I’m not understanding this because I received a ticket for this about 20 years ago when I was young and driving on Daytona beach. I grew up there and it was very common place to get a loud music ticket for the people with loud systems. I don’t get why this is new. Not against it either, I think it’s definitely needed, but doesn’t seem new to me.
Right.
They had to suspend that because of the wording, so they tweaked it and are trying again
Ah, makes sense. I agree with it to a certain extent. I can hear some of these guys stereo in my office when they go by.

robvas

Established Member
Nothing like enjoying a relaxing day on the beach and then some idiot rides up on full dresser Harley with a 3500 watt stereo blast king away...sitting at the light in beach traffic

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Nothing like enjoying a relaxing day on the beach and then some idiot rides up on full dresser Harley with a 3500 watt stereo blast king away...sitting at the light in beach traffic
Blipping the throttle every 2sec and then when the light turns green slipping the clutch the entire time on take off at at least 5k rpm

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

panic clyde donovan GIF by South Park

beau t

Established Member
i had buddies get tickets in the 90's for having loud systems or exhaust (or lack of exhaust) so this type of law has been around for years.
i have had a system in about every car i have owned since i was able to drive so don't take this as i am against it. At some point it could be a safety issue as in a ambulance/fire truck/cops coming down the street and you are unable to hear the sirens and get out of the way (just a thought don't beat me up to bad lol).

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Driving down the highway/interstate, fine.

Cruising through town/residential areas, whatever, be a douche.

Pumping gas or going into to buy something with radio absolutely maxxed… get ****ed, eat a ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread