Florida dudes, step on in ! *house hunting*

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Marathon Florida?? We were down there for a month during Irma and man...over priced like a mofo and lots of hippies.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I didn’t notice the hippies but it was expensive.
I like key west except for all the gays but that’s even more money.

_Snake_

Established Member
that's the area I'm looking at ! I'm trying to find a week to fly out to TPA and check out some houses.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there’s anything I can do to help. For example, I have a good friend who’s a realtor in this area if you’re interested.

quad

Established Member
I was actually looking at clearwater area, so west of tampa .
My father-in law and I got stuck in traffic on the Clearwater Causeway last year. But you were probably looking at the main land and not the Island I assume? It was a nicer area compared to other surrounding cities of Tampa as I recall.

I personally would be cautious getting anything near the coast because of rising sea levels. I see people building multi million dollar mansions in Miami and thinking that's brave! Perhaps the threat is exaggerated? My father-in law and I discussed how all the areas we were driving in were under the ocean a few million years ago. Giant Megalodon sharks were swimming where homes are now standing.

Florida is drowning. Condos are still being built. Can't humans see the writing on the wall?

The risk of sea level rise is chipping away at Miami home values, new research shows

Coastal Flooding Is Erasing Billions in Property Value as Sea Level Rises. That's Bad News for Cities.

Sea-Level-Rise-Property-Values529px.png

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My father-in law and I got stuck in traffic on the Clearwater Causeway last year. But you were probably looking at the main land and not the Island I assume? It was a nicer area compared to other surrounding cities of Tampa as I recall.

I personally would be cautious getting anything near the coast because of rising sea levels. I see people building multi million dollar mansions in Miami and thinking that's brave! Perhaps the threat is exaggerated? My father-in law and I discussed how all the areas we were driving in were under the ocean a few million years ago. Giant Megalodon sharks were swimming where homes are now standing.

Florida is drowning. Condos are still being built. Can't humans see the writing on the wall?

The risk of sea level rise is chipping away at Miami home values, new research shows

Coastal Flooding Is Erasing Billions in Property Value as Sea Level Rises. That's Bad News for Cities.

View attachment 1569001

I’m thinking that’s over exaggerated bullshit by climate huggers.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

View attachment 1569001
They have raised the base level of building up by 1' all over. My house is 52' above sea level. I know of many friends who's are at 7'. Those are very old homes.

nxhappy

Established Member

View attachment 1569001
don't really care lol. This won't be my main home, and it will be insured obviously.

nxhappy

Established Member
well got the flight booked for next month ! rollin the dice and hoping to find a house/condo in one shot !

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
Hey man! Do you have a real estate agent yet?? Being in NYC since there’s since an intense NY/FL connection I have a TON of contacts in Florida all across the state. Plus outside of being in the business, I ALWAYS recommend a buyer’s agent - you’d never divorce your spouse using the same attorney. Buying real estate is the same way. I own four investment properties across Ohio, PA, and SC - used buyers agents on all of them even as an agent myself. Especially if you do decide on Tampa, I’m close with one of the top agents in the area. DM me and let me know man. Hoping the search goes great for you!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m thinking that’s over exaggerated bullshit by climate huggers.

Yes and no. Ft Lauderdale is now having flooding issues during high tide. Especially in the Los Olas area. Now, the projections of how high the oceans will rise can be debated in 2060/2100 but now every 3 years the sea level rises 1" down here.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yes and no. Ft Lauderdale is now having flooding issues during high tide. Especially in the Los Olas area. Now, the projections of how high the oceans will rise can be debated in 2060/2100 but now every 3 years the sea level rises 1" down here.

Time to buy one of these:

6244594_20170522123229067_1_LARGE.jpg

Last edited:

jobsi

Established Member
you guys that live in Florida, what do you think of Marco island? My in laws have a house down there and I love going down there. I would considering moving down there but that is only me judging it going down there once or twice a year. It seems like it was a very big snowbird island but is slowly changing to more full time. I love being on the water and it doesn’t get much better than that area.

7upstang

Established Member
you guys that live in Florida, what do you think of Marco island? My in laws have a house down there and I love going down there. I would considering moving down there but that is only me judging it going down there once or twice a year. It seems like it was a very big snowbird island but is slowly changing to more full time. I love being on the water and it doesn’t get much better than that area.

Very much a snowbird island. I guess it depends on the lifestyle you are trying to reach. Not sure if you are looking to retire down there or not. However, it's one pretty expensive, two you might have to travel into Naples for a job (Unless you work from home or looking to retire).

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I grew up in West Florida or LA...Lower Alabama. The beaches are nice but I couldn't wait to get out of that place. I retired from the Navy in Charleston, SC. We full...but this is a great place! Lots of beaches, history, food and 4-5 hours to Disney.

faster1

Established Member
I've lived here since 1978. Lived in Miami, Orlando, Gainesville and Jacksonville. Traveled for work all over the state/every city, have driven virtually every road criss crossing the state. There are three climates in FLorida. Northern FL is like Georgia and South Carolina seasonal. Middle of the state is semi tropical, nasty hot, humid with little to no breeze never cold but nasty hot/wet. South Florida is absolutely perfect fully tropical weather year round almost like Hawaii. Not as hot as central and north becasue of ocean breezes 24/7/365.

Anywhere on the coast will be have a breeze. West coast from Cedar Key south is extremely crowded with traffic always backed up. West coast north around the horn to Alabama is beautiful, not crowded, cheap and easy living but a hurricane magnet. East coast from GA/FL line to Daytona is busy but not anyhwere near as bad as the SW coast. Daytona to Melbourne is pretty open. Melbourne to FT Pierce is great if you can afford it and FT Pierce on down gets crowded.
Stay away from West Palm Beach at all costs.

I love Miami/Ft Lauderdale but I'm from NY so that says it all and my wife hates South Florida because she's from NW Iowa where there are 900 people in the whole county. Miami has only had two hurricanes in 100 years.

Lastly I love the beaches on the ocean side compared to the Gulf side. Bring two boats one for fresh water and one for salt water.

PM me what you want and I'll get you started where to look. I've owned four houses in Florida but I have horses now so I bought out away from every city on a dirt road north of Gainesville.

Mikey

Users who are viewing this thread