Floor mats

Mwynn

Established Member
Thanks, I didn't think so. Saw a 00R for sale on Hendricks motorsport website that had some authentic looking floor mats in it... must be aftermarket.

nmp1

Established Member
years ago someone was selling a 00R with "factory cobra r floor mats" they were some custom made set and it stirred up a similar discussion.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I put Cobra logo’d mats in mine to protect the carpet.

Goose17

Established Member
Do you remember which brand of mats you went with? I should get some for carpet protection.

They are hard to come by. I have a set of original Cobra mats as sold by Ford with the stitched-in logo as well as a set of made versions where someone took a 2003-2004 Terminator mat and glued in the Cobra logo. I use the glued-in versions in the car and I’m keeping the Ford official versions unused.

From Ford:

You_Doodle_2017-07-16T21_38_37Z_zpsup2iyu6i.jpg

The ones that were made (glued) that I use in the car:

f7bb1dcb37e0b13e829183e665585a53_zpsrqw3dlit.jpg

image_zpsrzv4ktke.jpg

8dba8d33c6435f6dd6e8c19db4a8fb6d_zpstdhfqkmr.jpg

Mwynn

Established Member
Those mats look good! Oh.... Fuel Safe the original manufacturer of the fuel cell for the 00R is having a sale tomorrow. I'm going to bite the bullet and get a new gas tank. Damn expensive, but the car deserves it.

Mwynn

Established Member
Wonder if anyone would be interested in doing a group buy on 00R fuel cells?

Goose17

Established Member
Wonder if anyone would be interested in doing a group buy on 00R fuel cells?

Are you talking the entire unit or just the bladder? Also, how much is the sale or target price? I could be down possibly for a bladder, but they sound difficult to install.

I’m still on my OEM stuff with no signs of leakage, but my car has had a very low fuel level its entire life. I’m quite positive the tank has never had more than a 1/4-1/2 tank of gas in it. The previous 2 owner’s never drove it and I don’t either (much).

Mwynn

Established Member
Fuel safe highly suggest you send the tank to them for the RE-bladder job if you choose to go that route. I'm just going to order a entire new unit tank and bladder. By the time you add shipping on your old tank it's not much difference.

I have to keep my fuel level below half when driving, there are signs of previous leaking from the top of tank... it's time for a new one.

Mwynn

Established Member
Ah... I wouldn't worry about a new tank if you don't drive it much. Just keep fuel level below half.

Users who are viewing this thread