Flip tires"camber plates a must for any lower car" TRUE or FALSE?

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
I went today to Flip tires in Van Nuys for an aligment and this guy told me I must put camber plates for $250 the pair plus 150 install. The camber plates they have look like poor quality, I think I could get some like MM or steeda for about the same price. Now do I really need caster camber plates for a decent aligment:shrug:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Ruben, Stay away from Flips on Sepulveda :nono:

I remember then like 4yrs ago & they wanted to charge me up the u know what for every thing.

MM Caster Plates would be the best way to go about it ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
it'd be a good idea to get the cc plates in the long run, but i didn't have any problems getting an alignment w/ the h&r super sports springs without them.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
it'd be a good idea to get the cc plates in the long run, but i didn't have any problems getting an alignment w/ the h&r super sports springs without them.

Now that Dave mention them "Filp Tires" I wont go back to them. But Ill buy them from MM.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
How much are the MM Plates?
They are very good in the sense they use 4 bolt pattern vs almost every one else who uses the 3 bolt pattern.

Thats what im planing to get ;-) Not sure on the Steeda stuff :eek:

From what i remember hearing is that u just need to drill the additional hole for it.

stevieb

Established Member
I put in Eibach pro kit and when I went for an alignment, they told me if they couldnt get enough adjustment with the stock plates I would need to install aftermarket. I came through without needing any. But now I have to go back for my 1k mile post settling adjustment check. Hopefully Im outta the woods on this issue.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
How much are the MM Plates?
They are very good in the sense they use 4 bolt pattern vs almost every one else who uses the 3 bolt pattern.

Thats what im planing to get ;-) Not sure on the Steeda stuff :eek:

From what i remember hearing is that u just need to drill the additional hole for it.

The MM cc are 199.95 4 bolt design and steeda 240$

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
mm all the way. if you're cheap like me and want to save on tax, you can order it from speedworx.com. then they just drop ship to you from mm.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
yeah, they're not that difficult to install and the instructions are very good. just gotta pay attention to the plate orientation before you put them in and see if you need to do a little field alignment before driving it to the alignment shop. i had to ask for help. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread