Flip down plate from American Muscle on my 2010 shelby( had to custom make it fit)

brandonflood123

Established Member
i say custom but really all i did was drill a hole in the plate that mounts under the car, got a longer bolt and ran it in the existing hole to bolt up the chin splitter. if you guys have seen the under side of a gt500 front end its clear that this will not work unless you modify it like i did. anyways, heres some pictures.

2siNhYF.jpg

anTAgJd.jpg

FC6xRzh.jpg

hrDVgZF.jpg

motorcycle4

Established Member
grille

i say custom but really all i did was drill a hole in the plate that mounts under the car, got a longer bolt and ran it in the existing hole to bolt up the chin splitter. if you guys have seen the under side of a gt500 front end its clear that this will not work unless you modify it like i did. anyways, heres some pictures.

2siNhYF.jpg

anTAgJd.jpg

FC6xRzh.jpg

hrDVgZF.jpg
i have a 10 shelby is that a ford grille or aftermarket and any problem to install? really like the look

brandonflood123

Established Member
i have a 10 shelby is that a ford grille or aftermarket and any problem to install? really like the look

these are oem 13 grills, they are a direct replacement, only thing is on the bottom grill you have to cut the ducts out or you can see them, you just follow around the inner edge of the bumper. you should remove the whole front facia to do this. and be careful. i used a dremel tool with a drill bit to cut the ducts out on the bottom bumper. once the drill starts cutting it will go like butter.

Black Sex

Established Member
Any pics of what you had to modify? And does your car need an alighnment? I wish we had cool looking license plates

brandonflood123

Established Member
Any pics of what you had to modify? And does your car need an alighnment? I wish we had cool looking license plates
i can take some pics of it but but basically all i had to do was hold the bracket under the car and measure the distance from the front of bracket to the place where the stock bolt goes in the car to hold the splitter on then i just marked an x in the center of the bracket and drilled a hole then i just got a longer bolt that had the same thread as the stock bolt and i bolted it up tight lol. it works perfect and theres no drilling in the car.

and yes i need an alignment in the front lol. wheels have some camber

Black Sex

Established Member
Fair enough, sounds easy enough. I need to get something on mine. I hate being hasseled over some BS.

Black Sex

Established Member
Our fines are $30 but then there is a bullshit $50 court cost fee to go along with it. I've had 4 in the last 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread