Flickering Lights?

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
What would cause this? My car has been like it ever since I bought it. I can notice it in my interior lights and even in my headlights (before I had HID's, just barely) and maybe even in the cluster lighting, not really sure on the last one though.

As extra insurance I am going to do some upgrading of grounding cables when my engine is out because really it is great insurance to do, and is cheap and easy. I will probably upgrade the alternator cable as well.

What's that voltage regulating device called that's hidden anyway in the fender? I know some people have had some issues with that? Maybe I'll pick up a new/used one for extra insurance. When I get back home (where my car is) I will obviously have to check the voltage leaving the alternator as well.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
What would cause this? My car has been like it ever since I bought it. I can notice it in my interior lights and even in my headlights (before I had HID's, just barely) and maybe even in the cluster lighting, not really sure on the last one though.

As extra insurance I am going to do some upgrading of grounding cables when my engine is out because really it is great insurance to do, and is cheap and easy. I will probably upgrade the alternator cable as well.

What's that voltage regulating device called that's hidden anyway in the fender? I know some people have had some issues with that? Maybe I'll pick up a new/used one for extra insurance. When I get back home (where my car is) I will obviously have to check the voltage leaving the alternator as well.

When my alt was on it's way out the lights would flicker.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I definitetely have some investigating to do, this could very well be the reason I lost my engine...

Something that's worth reading:

[ame="http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34527"]VERY IMPORTANT!! Info on why cars even tuned correctly can blow up!! - ModularFords.com[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread