Flexalite Black Magic 185...Any experience?

St8-E

Established Member
I can get a flexalite Black Magic Xtreme 185 for a relatively descent price used. Anyone have any experience with these. I already have a Fluidine Aluminum Rad. I don't live in an overly hot area (central PA), but figured it wouldn't hurt. I already have a 130 amp alternator. \

This is what I would be getting....

Ford Mustang 5.0 Electric Fan

THANKS!!

1slohawk

Established Member
I have one on my car and I'm happy with it. Sitting in traffic on hot days the car runs around 185-190. Where as before with the stock fan the car would get up around 200-210 and I'd be pulling over to wait for it to cool off.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Only if your temps are out of control and you need the extra low-speed power that only the electric can provide then it will be worth the hassel. If your stock stuff works then you should leave it. The stock fan is the most reliable. The electric fan could quit at any time for any reason and you will be working out the hiccups.

WillyB93

Established Member
You guys do live in the bake box's in the summer time too!! Up in the midwest it isn't nearly as bad.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I had one on my 5.0. Lasted about 3 years before it started squeaking. A new motor is like 100 bucks.

I bought the biggest S-Line fan from them. Its thiner and moves more CFM's.

snkepit

Established Member
I just got one and will be putting it on soon. Taking a tuarus fan off it pulls to much current even with a 200 amp alternator. But it never over heated with a boss block 347 with 76mm turbo.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
I ran a taurus fan with a 95 mustang alternator and it worked perfectly. Your fan motor could be on its way out, adding resistance to the circuit. Besides, I was always under the impression that taurus fan > black magic

cotchnobra

Established Member
I ran a taurus fan with a 95 mustang alternator and it worked perfectly. Your fan motor could be on its way out, adding resistance to the circuit. Besides, I was always under the impression that taurus fan > black magic

taurus fan or lincoln mark 8 fan and use the low speed. blows more CFM than most aftermarket Fans and have factory reliabilty. plus they are cheap on ebay. Had one on my 93 notch 5.0 with TFS heads, 500/510 lift lunati cam and it never got hot on a 100 degree day with rediculous humidity. me personally would not go with the black magic fan.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
i had one on a 302 vortech, worked good. Except that the conectors on the board are crap and the will break off.

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
I run a stock fan setup with a 160 degree thermostat and always use Water Wetter in my radiator. With my 8lb Paxton in Mississippi summer heat I never have any trouble at all. Even when I creep along the coastal HWY 90 for hours on end during Cruisin' the Coast every year.

Users who are viewing this thread